Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 12-06-2013, 04:39 AM   #76
Julian Smart
Enthusiast
Julian Smart will become famous soon enoughJulian Smart will become famous soon enoughJulian Smart will become famous soon enoughJulian Smart will become famous soon enoughJulian Smart will become famous soon enoughJulian Smart will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Hi,

Quote:
Originally Posted by berra View Post
Hi, I get this error when running "epubcheck":
"ERROR (EpubCheck): OPS/section-0004.html: could not parse OPS/section-0004.html: duplicate id: a__Toc373689548"

How to deal with it ?

/Berra
This bookmark has been imported from Word, and it's possible that editing within Jutoh has accidentally duplicated it. If the bookmark is not necessary, you can remove it using the Document Cleanup dialog on the Book menu - check "Remove unused bookmarks". Then try compiling and checking again.

If this doesn't eliminate the problem, you can find the context of the error by double-clicking on the error and finding some nearby text that you can use to find the relevant part of your Jutoh section. Then click on the text with the bookmark, or the bookmark object if it's a standalone bookmark, and click 'Remove' to delete it. Do for any duplicate bookmarks.

If that doesn't work, please email me since I takes a while for me to notified about new messages in this thread.

Regards,

Julian
Julian Smart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2014, 12:27 AM   #77
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Hi Julian,
Can you or others here please help me with a ToC issue?

It's not a problem with Jutoh, just that that's the environment I'm working in.

OK, so ... In the project I'm working on, I've formatted ToC items like this:

XX | Chapter Title

Where the whole line has a paragraph style applied to it, and the XX (which is the chapter number) has an over-riding character style applied to it, making it bold and a different typeface. This is to reflect the style of the chapter headings. Each item in the ToC has a link applied that leads to the relevant chapter. I tried applying the link manually to each item, and choosing to apply no new style to the link.

Is there any way to retain this formatting when the book is generated?

The two possible outcomes I have so far are:

1) If I leave it as-is, Jutoh seems to apply the URL style to each item anyway (blue text, bolded, underlined) and that's how it appears in the generated ePub. I know it's default for links in HTML, but it's not a look I particularly like.

2) I have this code I can apply as custom HTML:

Code:
a:link { color: black; text-decoration: none; }
a:visited { color: black; text-decoration: none; }
a:hover { color: black; text-decoration: none; }
a:active { color: black; text-decoration: none; }
which prevents the URL style fro being applied to the ToC items, but also eliminates the character formatting I've applied.

Is there a way I can keep the link active, but not change the formatting, of the ToC items when the ePub is generated?
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-28-2014, 07:07 AM   #78
Julian Smart
Enthusiast
Julian Smart will become famous soon enoughJulian Smart will become famous soon enoughJulian Smart will become famous soon enoughJulian Smart will become famous soon enoughJulian Smart will become famous soon enoughJulian Smart will become famous soon enough

Device: none
Hi Bran,

This is tricky but one way might be to use Jutoh 2's ability to set a class name in Advanced Properties for text fragments, via the Format | Character command. You could set different class names for different parts of the link (different formatting will cause there to be separate fragments; or maybe separate them with a space with no link), and then address different classes separately in your CSS, e.g.

a.myClass:link

and define different formatting for each fragment.

Regards,

Julian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacEachaidh View Post
Hi Julian,
Can you or others here please help me with a ToC issue?

It's not a problem with Jutoh, just that that's the environment I'm working in.

OK, so ... In the project I'm working on, I've formatted ToC items like this:

XX | Chapter Title

Where the whole line has a paragraph style applied to it, and the XX (which is the chapter number) has an over-riding character style applied to it, making it bold and a different typeface. This is to reflect the style of the chapter headings. Each item in the ToC has a link applied that leads to the relevant chapter. I tried applying the link manually to each item, and choosing to apply no new style to the link.

Is there any way to retain this formatting when the book is generated?

The two possible outcomes I have so far are:

1) If I leave it as-is, Jutoh seems to apply the URL style to each item anyway (blue text, bolded, underlined) and that's how it appears in the generated ePub. I know it's default for links in HTML, but it's not a look I particularly like.

2) I have this code I can apply as custom HTML:

Code:
a:link { color: black; text-decoration: none; }
a:visited { color: black; text-decoration: none; }
a:hover { color: black; text-decoration: none; }
a:active { color: black; text-decoration: none; }
which prevents the URL style fro being applied to the ToC items, but also eliminates the character formatting I've applied.

Is there a way I can keep the link active, but not change the formatting, of the ToC items when the ePub is generated?
Julian Smart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2014, 07:28 AM   #79
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Hi Julian,
Many thanks for the reply. Hope you're doing well.

I have no experience yet of Jutoh 2, though I suppose I need to venture there sometime! (I'll check the website for how to go about upgrading.)

Or maybe I'm simply expecting too much of the epub spec. My background is in print publishing, so I do tend to champ at the bit of the different environment.

But I'll check out what you suggest, and see how I go. Much appreciated, Julian.
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote