Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-30-2016, 01:53 AM   #1
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Prime Day 2016 Sale

I see that Amazon is going to try "Prime Day" again this year, this time on July 12.

I have to think that they have learned their lesson, and that this year's will be much better. If not, I think they will break Twitter!
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 06:49 PM   #2
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
I see that Amazon is going to try "Prime Day" again this year, this time on July 12.

I have to think that they have learned their lesson, and that this year's will be much better. If not, I think they will break Twitter!
Now it's an annual event according to their press release:

Prime Day 2016 – More Than 100,000 Deals Worldwide Exclusively for Prime Members on July 12

Quote:
From TVs to headphones and slow cookers to vitamins – Prime Day will include deals on things you want, things you need, and everything in between

The deals are everywhere – Members can shop deals on all devices, across nearly all categories, in all Prime countries

Nearly 2x the TV units in the U.S. compared to Black Friday and Cyber Monday combined

SEATTLE--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jun. 30, 2016-- (NASDAQ:AMZN) – On Tuesday, July 12, the second-annual Prime Day will feature more than 100,000 deals worldwide exclusively for Prime members, making it the biggest Amazon event ever. New and existing members in U.S., U.K., Spain, Japan, Italy, Germany, France, Canada, Belgium, and Austria, will find deals across nearly all departments and categories, ensuring there will be something for everyone. Members in the U.S. can shop starting at midnight PT, with new deals as often as every five minutes throughout the day. To participate in Prime Day, sign-up or start a free trial of Prime on or before July 12 by visiting amazon.com/primeday.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2016, 06:52 PM   #3
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
I've let Prime lapse for a bit, although I know I'll re-up eventually. However, having experienced last year's debacle, I'm not the least bit enticed by the notion of Prime Day 2016.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 07:11 PM   #4
Cinisajoy
Just a Yellow Smiley.
Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cinisajoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K4, K5, fire, kobo, galaxy
We got an email yesterday.
Cinisajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 07:36 PM   #5
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
I think the only deal I took advantage of last time was reduced price on gift cards, and I was happy with that.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2016, 11:54 PM   #6
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
Last year, nothing I wanted was on sale. However, in the afternoon the slow shipping option reward was $3.00 per item, so that was nice.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 12:02 AM   #7
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Now it's an annual event according to their press release:

Prime Day 2016 – More Than 100,000 Deals Worldwide Exclusively for Prime Members on July 12
Quote:
From TVs to headphones and slow cookers to vitamins – Prime Day will include deals on things you want, things you need, and everything in between...
I hope so. Last year's sale consisted of watches, some stuff I neither wanted nor needed, and more watches.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 02:35 AM   #8
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
Last year, nothing I wanted was on sale. However, in the afternoon the slow shipping option reward was $3.00 per item, so that was nice.
I got one of those, it was the only thing worthwhile I saw from the entire Prime Day sale. I won't be upset if they do that again.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:05 AM   #9
Wearever
Wizard
Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wearever ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2,Voyage, Kindlle hdx 8.9, Ipad mini 4. Air 2
I didn't order anything during the last Prime Day sale. I guess I'll just add the things I want from my wishlist, and maybe order them on Prime Day, this year. Then I can get the slow shipping credits. Although if it's Pantry credits, I won't even bother. I'll just wait and see.
Wearever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:19 AM   #10
TrevorViking
Wizard
TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TrevorViking ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wearever View Post
I didn't order anything during the last Prime Day sale. I guess I'll just add the things I want from my wishlist, and maybe order them on Prime Day, this year. Then I can get the slow shipping credits. Although if it's Pantry credits, I won't even bother. I'll just wait and see.
I've found that combining the pantry credit with the items they ship free anyway can score some very cheap groceries. I think I once got 20 packs of gum for about $2.
TrevorViking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:28 AM   #11
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Countdown Deals July 5 through July 11

Quote:
In addition to blockbuster deals on Prime Day, July 12, Amazon will offer countdown deals for Prime members every day from July 5 through July 11. That means members in the U.S. will find summer entertainment deals starting July 5 including a 32-inch TV bundle with a Fire TV Stick for $119.99. Countdown deals will include gadgets on-the-go, products perfect for summer travel, for foodies and outdoor living, back-to-school and in-home essentials and daily deals on top of TV series and blockbuster movies available to rent or purchase and instantly stream through the Amazon Video app on TVs, mobile devices, Amazon Fire TV, Fire TV Stick, and Fire tablets, or online. Customers can learn more at amazon.com/primeday.
Prime Day Countdown Deals --> new deals daily

Kindle Unlimited Sale --> exp 05 Jul

Note: this offer will be repeated on 12 Jul (Prime Day)

Kindle Unlimited
  • $44.95 ---- 6 months --> 25% off --> $7.49/ month
  • $80.32 --- 12 months --> 33% off --> $6.69/ month
  • $143.86 -- 24 months --> 40% off --> $5.99/ month
Quote:
Save up to 40% on Kindle Unlimited

On July 5 and July 12, Prime Members in the U.S. can save up to 40% on a Kindle Unlimited membership. Enjoy unlimited reading from over one million titles on any device, including all seven Harry Potter books, the Wayward Pines Trilogy, The Man in the High Castle, the Paper Magician trilogy, over 300 Lonely Planet travel guides, and Kindle Singles from top authors such as Jodi Picoult, Nelson DeMille, and Hugh Howey.
Quote:
Fine Print -- Kindle Unlimited offer limited to one per account. This offer is available to Prime members only. This is a limited time offer.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 07-11-2016 at 07:32 PM.
Old 07-05-2016, 11:34 AM   #12
Atunah
Wizard
Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Atunah ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1/K3/BasicK Voyage/Oasis1/Oasis3
Looks like I am not eligible for the kindle unlimited. I bought that last year and I still have prepaid til next July. At least I don't think I am eligible reading the small print. It is a bit confusing to be honest.

I actually saw a few things last year I could have used, but since I did the KU, it was a chunk of money right there so I restrained myself.

I guess it all depends what you are looking for.

I am eyeballing the FireTV box to have a 4K streaming device. The apps through our 4KTV are driving me mad.

eta: there is a good one for those of us that have a Amazon Rewards visa. Purchase $150 of stuff in one single order on July 12th to one address and get $30 off with VISA30.

https://www.amazon.com/b/ref=s9_acss..._i=11448061011

Last edited by Atunah; 07-05-2016 at 11:42 AM.
Atunah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:36 AM   #13
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
You can use your Settlement credit for this or Gift Card Balance. I now got 6 months of KU

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2016, 11:54 AM   #14
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Prime Day Countdown Deals

Don't forget to check out these deals. New deals posted daily.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 07-06-2016 at 03:28 AM.
Old 07-06-2016, 03:35 AM   #15
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Prime Day Countdown Deals

Don't forget to check out these deals. New deals posted daily.