Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-03-2009, 09:59 AM   #1
Nicoo
Nicoo began at the beginning.

Device: Zinky
converting epub to pdf: can't get the front page image in

Hi All,
I am a new user of Calbre and wish converting epub format to pdf as my reader can only support that format.
I could get pdf books out of Calibre, with the format that correspond to what I wish, but I can't get the front page image inserted as the first pdf file page. Is there a specific setting for this?
I tried on several books, all of them having a front page picture, with no success.
Thanks in advance.
Nico
Nicoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 05:18 AM   #2
Nicoo

After further check using the debug facility, it happens to be the way the opf files are structured, and the fact that the front page is placed at the very end of the list in the "Spine" section. The only way is to reorder the document.
However, even though I modify the order of the items in the list to make the front page being the first, I still have a blank page as the first pdf file page, and I could not find a way to remove it... Any idea someone?
Thanks in advance.
Nico
Advert
Old 12-04-2009, 06:25 AM   #3
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
A blank page being inserted at the beginning of the document is a known bug.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 08:18 AM   #4
Nicoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by user_none View Post
A blank page being inserted at the beginning of the document is a known bug.
looking in the Calibre bug list, this seems listed only for ePub to Sony case and is mentioned as "fixed" already. Wuld you have a link to the bug description and do you know if/when it's going to be fixed?
Thanks again.
Nico