Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 08-24-2009, 11:25 AM   #1
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Suggestions please!

Hi All,
I plan to meet up with my parents in Paris in early October. They will be coming from the US and have offered to bring me an electronic goody, since the prices are so much better there.

I have a 5" jetBook, so I'm not in the market for a 5-6" ebook reader. Nor in the DX....probably nothing too exciting will be available in this time-frame.

So, outside of ebook reader, does anyone have suggestions of a rather small <$500 e-"goody" that I might buy? I have a Creative Zen 8 GB mp3 player that I enjoy - I could always go with a newer, larger model?

If possible, I'd like to try something else - new and different - , but I'm not certain what's available and fun that would be usable in Europe. An electronic camera? Fancy watch?

If I could coerce (I mean, convince) my teenager to read I'd just get another jetBook. Maybe for DH? Only if I can't think of anything for myself!!!

Thanks for any ideas!
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:51 AM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
The Zune HD
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-24-2009, 12:18 PM   #3
PieOPah
Addict
PieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-booksPieOPah has learned how to read e-books

Device: Sony PRS-505
How about a PMP? I love my Archos 605 which I use on a daily basis to watch videos during my daily train journey to work.

It all depends on what you are after and wanting to use - no point in getting something just for the sake of it!
PieOPah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 12:49 PM   #4
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Available this fall. PSP®go
Quote:
All the best from the PlayStation®Network - exclusive games, free demos and downloads, movies and TV shows. Prepare to be entertained
Quote:
It's a connected world - enjoy it with the PSP® system. Browse the web, enjoy RSS feeds, use Remote Play to access your PS3™ system, or get instant messages and calls with Skype™.

Last edited by Wetdogeared; 08-24-2009 at 12:52 PM.
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 05:19 PM   #5
krisk
Wizard
krisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipsekrisk can illuminate an eclipse

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
The Zune HD
YES! I'm glad there is another Zune afficianado here!

(however I did LOVE my Zen until I washed it)
krisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-25-2009, 10:18 AM   #6
rgeorg
Guru
rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rgeorg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3/3G(2x), Glo HD, Amazon Voyage
Thanks All! I will check out the suggestions. A PMP is a attractive idea.
rgeorg is offline   Reply With Quote