Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 02-12-2009, 04:00 AM   #1
puremagic
puremagic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.puremagic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.puremagic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.puremagic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.puremagic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.puremagic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.puremagic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.puremagic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.puremagic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.puremagic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.puremagic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Book Formats

I have the PRS505, and am wanting to start and buy some books other than waterstones.

I have looked at booksonboard, fictionwise and a few others. I am very confused about the formats.

I do have digital editions on my laptop so is it just the adobe version I download.

I just use the standard Ebook libary that I got with my 505. I'm nervous about calibre as I dont want to muck it all up. I have read about a new sony software update but could not find anything on the uk site.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sarah
puremagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 10:46 AM   #2
Lilly
Guru
Lilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it isLilly knows what time it is

Device: Sony PRS-505, PRS-900 & PRS-950, Amazon Kindle2
Quote:
Originally Posted by puremagic View Post
I have the PRS505, and am wanting to start and buy some books other than waterstones.

I have looked at booksonboard, fictionwise and a few others. I am very confused about the formats.

I do have digital editions on my laptop so is it just the adobe version I download.

I just use the standard Ebook libary that I got with my 505. I'm nervous about calibre as I dont want to muck it all up. I have read about a new sony software update but could not find anything on the uk site.

Sarah
Yes it's the Abode version but it's not very pretty. If you have a windows computer, please look into the Lit format, you need to download Microsoft Lit Reader. Then just Google Convertlit Gui (that will help you deDRM Lit files), last but not lease Calibre, you can then make a Sony book in either LRF or ePud. After the initial setup, it takes about a minute to go to the steps.

Last edited by Lilly; 02-12-2009 at 05:01 PM.
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-12-2009, 10:46 AM   #3
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
If you are buying from fictionwise, just buy the multiformat, and when you download, select "LRF." Save it somewhere, then open the library, click file and "Import file." Very easy.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 12:37 PM   #4
6charlong
friendly lurker
6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.6charlong ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, nook, Apple and Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by puremagic View Post

Sarah
You shouldn't overlook the books formatted for your PRS505 here on MobileRead. True, the books here are classics and free for the taking but that includes thousands of books that have enriched reader's lives for centuries.

The very low cost of MobileRead ebooks allows you to experiment with PDF and RTF formatted books from the "Miscellaneous" formatted books section of the MobileRead Forum. Just click on the heading, "eBooks," near the top of this page and chose either BBeB or Miscellaneous from the drop-down menu. BBeB is the native format for the Sony Reader and gives you books that are always readable, but the Sony can render PDF and RTF formats as well. PDF books formatted for a 6-inch screen generally work out well, but most other PDF formats are too small to read comfortably except on a computer monitor.
6charlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 04:59 PM   #5
puremagic
puremagic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.puremagic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.puremagic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.puremagic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.puremagic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.puremagic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.puremagic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.puremagic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.puremagic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.puremagic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.puremagic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Thank you for your replies

I will print them off now and make note of what I need to do.

I am honest, I have never read a classic book, not read any of the 100 free ones. I do love books though. Currently have about 4000 in my lounge.

Thanks again for your help and I will check out the books mentioned on here.

Cheers

Sarah
puremagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert