Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 08-22-2008, 01:07 PM   #31
MoSo
Crankier than average
MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.MoSo has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle #1, Kindle #2; internet appliance - The Chumby.
To embolden you:

igorsk has a complete tear-down somewhere , but I can't seem to find it.

"Rapid Repair" took it apart as well (I wonder if they really do "repair" them?)

http://www.rapidrepair.com/guides/am...part-Guide.htm
MoSo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 02:53 PM   #32
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Kindle disassembly.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2008, 07:40 AM   #33
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
The screen is more then 1/2 the cost of these readers.
I don't think that's true any more, Jon. Eg Bookeen charge €120 for a screen replacement on the Gen3, but the device costs €350 new. That would indicate that the screen cost has fallen to something like one third the cost of the machine.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 08:29 AM   #34
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by igorsk View Post
Igorsk, you are brilliant. Now THATS what I call a Nekkid Kindle! Thank you.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 09:02 AM   #35
mdibella
Groupie
mdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheesemdibella can extract oil from cheese

Device: Infinite Kindles, Occasional Sony's
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMikeD View Post
Why should Amazon (or any manufacturer) support a product that has been damaged by customer carelessness?
In some cases, for particularly good customers, they'd probably profit nicely by giving the Kindle away for free. I for one buy a sh*tload of books in the Kindle store. They've probably made enough money off me to replace the Kindle several times.

They do seem to notice this stuff too, because I was recently invited to become an 'Amazon Vine' reviewer. They send me books (paper copies, sadly, wish they were Kindle ones but hey, beggars can't be choosers), and all I have to do is read them and write a review. It's absolute heaven for someone like me who pretty much inhales books...I have no clue how they chose me, but I am guessing it was because of my volume of purchases.
mdibella is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2008, 10:40 AM   #36
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Once you wash your Kindle you may want to do what was recommended to owners of flooded cell phones from the Iowa floods. Put your Kindle in a zip lock bag with dry rice. The rice absorbs the moisture. From what I read that worked in worked about half the time. Of course if you have any of those ubiquitous anti-desiccant bags, those would work better.

Last edited by TallMomof2; 08-23-2008 at 10:41 AM. Reason: Wrong homonym!
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 07:24 AM   #37
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
So what is the stats uf the Kindle now? Did you try to repair it?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
duck!