Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > Other formats > LRF

Notices

Old 10-01-2008, 12:08 PM   #1
seveng
seveng began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-500, Palm Pre
Multiple rtf to lrf

I've got an e-book that has a single rtf for each chapter in a directory. Is there an easy way to use caibre or another tool to import them as individual chapters in a single lrf? I've been poking around with caibre and bookdesigner without much luck. There's a smattering of images that would be nice to save, but it isn't really a requirement.

Thanks,
--Jake
seveng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:23 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
You could copy the contents of each file from WordPad, or Word, or OpenOffice, etc. into BookDesigner, or Word, Wordpad, OpenOffice, etc. for that matter, and get a single file that way ....
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2008, 12:30 PM   #3
seveng

I thought about that, but at thirty+ chapters I was hoping for an easy way to merge them... Anyone know if the rtf format is friendly with the linux >> append?
Old 10-01-2008, 12:39 PM   #4
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
I'd convert the RTF to HTML then cat them together here is a link. Then run tidy on the HTML

From there you can use calire to create an LRF

=X=
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 01:30 PM   #5
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Generally Calibre uses all the files in one zip file to create a single book. You might ask in that group if there is a solution to your problem. I know they can handle multiple HTML files divided by chapters but I am not sure about rtf.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-01-2008, 04:27 PM   #6
seveng

Thanks everyone, I got something put together with this, now I just need to strip out some page references with sed and I'm in good shape.
Old 10-02-2008, 10:24 AM   #7
bmwvan
Connoisseur
bmwvan is on a distinguished road

Device: hp iPAQ 4700/Fictionwise reader/Sony 505
Have you tried ABC Text Merger? I find it useful. I have combined several books in various series into one volume using this software. Got Harry Potter in one book with seven long chapters!
bmwvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:41 AM   #8
brewt
Boo-Frickety-Hoo-Erizer
brewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enoughbrewt will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Glo HD!
yWriter.
http://www.spacejock.com/yWriter4.html
Once your rtf's have been brought into into it (in scenes and chapters), you can tag them, re-arrange them until you're happy, and then output a single html or rtf file.
Very handy stuff.

-bjc
brewt is offline   Reply With Quote