Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 11-29-2008, 02:14 AM   #1
nremondelli
Zealot
nremondelli is on a distinguished road

Device: none
Holy eBay!

Anyone check the eBay prices? They have soared. 700$ and up?!

I am getting a replacement for mine in a week or so...I may just put mine up.
nremondelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 03:38 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Desperate people pay desperate prices
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2008, 04:22 PM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
If I had a Kindle, I'd be happy to sell it for $700. Then I'd replace it and have a basically free Kindle.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 04:22 PM   #4
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
If I had a Kindle, I'd be happy to sell it for $700. Then I'd replace it and have a basically free Kindle.
Not me. I don't want to be without my kindle for 3 months. Also, mine isn't new in box.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 10:07 PM   #5
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
If I wanted a Kindle for Christmas I'd rather DH ordered one and told me it was coming than have him pay an exorbitant price like that.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2008, 12:49 AM   #6
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ervserver View Post
Agree. I'm not sure if they will have any warranty if someting wrong with the unit
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 12:55 AM   #7
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
Agree. I'm not sure if they will have any warranty if someting wrong with the unit
I've read several reports of Amazon honoring the warranty of units purchased on eBay.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 01:29 AM   #8
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
I've read several reports of Amazon honoring the warranty of units purchased on eBay.
Interesting. It means that I can buy nonworking Kindle on eBay and send it to Amazon for warranty replacement, correct?
Old 11-30-2008, 01:37 AM   #9
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
Interesting. It means that I can buy nonworking Kindle on eBay and send it to Amazon for warranty replacement, correct?
You can try it. I think the time frame is still tied to when it was originally shipped. If it's broken and out of it's warranty period, you're stuck. And if it isn't broken due to a defect, you would have to pay that $180 replacement fee. If it is broken due to defect, the seller should have replaced it.
Old 11-30-2008, 02:04 AM   #10
Kris777
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
You can try it. I think the time frame is still tied to when it was originally shipped. If it's broken and out of it's warranty period, you're stuck. And if it isn't broken due to a defect, you would have to pay that $180 replacement fee. If it is broken due to defect, the seller should have replaced it.
Thanks, it's good to know.
Old 11-30-2008, 06:36 PM   #11
nremondelli
Zealot
nremondelli is on a distinguished road

Well, here is my experience. I bought mine off of Craig's List sight unseen. It was 275$ new in box. Apparently the company bought it as a door prize but never gave it out. When I opened it, I noticed white line (an absence of eink) down the middle. Amazon is sending me a replacement; therefore, they will honor the warranty no matter where you by it from as long as it is unregistered. At any rate, my replacement should come next week NB. I'm seriously thinking of throwing it up on eBay and ordering the V2 in a few months; it will be free. I can live without it for a few months now that I have had a chance to use it for a few weeks.
nremondelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:47 PM   #12
Boston
Fanatic
Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.Boston writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle, Kobo Aura H20, Pixel XL
I have a brand new Kindle sitting here that I bought my mom for Christmas. She has no idea what an eReader is...so doesn't really want one or know that she is getting one....

My brain keeps telling myself that I am crazy for not selling it. But personaly, I know I wouldn't be comfortable selling something to anyone for more than I feel its worth (even if they think its worth it).

All I can say is my mom better love hers as much as I love mine
Boston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 09:58 PM   #13
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boston View Post
I have a brand new Kindle sitting here that I bought my mom for Christmas. She has no idea what an eReader is...so doesn't really want one or know that she is getting one....

My brain keeps telling myself that I am crazy for not selling it. But personaly, I know I wouldn't be comfortable selling something to anyone for more than I feel its worth (even if they think its worth it).

All I can say is my mom better love hers as much as I love mine
I want to buy one for my Mother but I'm waiting until after I visit for the holidays. She lives in the country and I'm not sure she'll have Whispernet access (yes, I've looked at the coverage map). I need to test mine in her area. She's 82 and is not computer literate, so she needs Whispernet.
Old 12-03-2008, 12:01 PM   #14
bakerjw
Enthusiast
bakerjw doesn't litterbakerjw doesn't litter

I haven't been reading at all for the last few months. After being an avid reader for years, I just lost all interest in reading period. I told my wife that I was considering selling my Kindle as it just sits there now. She was aghast that I would consider selling my precious. if I can sell it for what I paid, I might just go ahead and put it up there.
bakerjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2008, 12:18 AM   #15
gkbeer
Enthusiast
gkbeer began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPod Touch,
Quote:
Originally Posted by nremondelli View Post
Anyone check the eBay prices? They have soared. 700$ and up?!

I am getting a replacement for mine in a week or so...I may just put mine up.
Seems to be a bunch of Gold Diggers on Ebay. I can't really imagine actually paying some of the prices being asked.
gkbeer is offline   Reply With Quote