Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-18-2013, 02:21 PM   #421
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
Released USBNet 0.11.N, with the usual binaries update .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 12:53 PM   #422
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Released USBNet 0.12.N .

This is the one we were talking about! So, here comes the full OpenSSH suite, and not just the sshd server anymore. Plus, sshfs .

In case people were using scp programmatically: I switched the scp symlink to point to OpenSSH's scp instead of dropbear's.

I'm assuming people know how to use sshfs, but just a couple of notes:

* The target's hostkey needs to be known, so you need to connect to it once with ssh.

Thanks to twobob for pushing everyone to look at this, I now have something to back my usual 'try sshfs!' response when people ask for a way to access remote storage from their Kindle .
Old 10-18-2013, 02:54 PM   #423
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Monthly updates .

USBNetwork 0.13.N:
* Updated binaries
Old 11-21-2013, 02:06 PM   #424
NiLuJe
BLAM!

Magic bump!

Thanks to yossarian17, we now have an universal delivery method!

The 1.8.N release should thus work on every currently known 5.x firmwares (5.0 - 5.4.2), on every Kindle 5 devices (Touch, PaperWhite 1 (2012), PaperWhite 2 (2013))!

Enjoy, and thanks again to yossarian17 .
Old 11-21-2013, 02:17 PM   #425
johndoesecond
Connoisseur
johndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it isjohndoesecond knows what time it is

Device: Kindle DX, Kindle 4, Kindle PW2
Fantastic! Thank you so much and kudos to you and yossarian17!
johndoesecond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 02:42 PM   #426
Anubis14
All hail Eris!
Anubis14 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW2
I uninstalled and reinstalled the screensaver hack. I can confirm it works with 1.8.N jailbreak. Thank you so much!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Magic bump!

The 1.8.N release should thus work on every currently known 5.x firmwares (5.0 - 5.4.2), on every Kindle 5 devices (Touch, PaperWhite 1 (2012), PaperWhite 2 (2013))!

Enjoy, and thanks again to yossarian17 .
Anubis14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 01:45 AM   #427
dsmid
Linux devotee
dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dsmid ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle 4B, Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Do you think this new method will also work on Kindle 4 (with different payload, of course) ?
Lots of people seem to have problems returning back from the diags mode when they screw up copying data.tar.gz.
dsmid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 03:57 AM   #428
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@dsmid: I'll check, but I don't think so.
Old 11-22-2013, 06:27 AM   #429
Steve8x8
Steve8x8 began at the beginning.

Device: PW
Fantastic, and it looks very elegant to me - kudos to all who helped to get this far!
(Now I got to find out whether all those little helpers would still work with the latest fw...)
Steve8x8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 07:08 AM   #430
Akirainblack
abibliophobic
Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Akirainblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KV jailbroken
I love you guys.
Akirainblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:24 AM   #431
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Can I jailbreak Japanese version of kindle pw2013 wi-fi with this? I think it's the same, I just have 4GB space. Better to ask then to mess something up.

I'm running 5.4.2, serial number starts with B05A.
Geralt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 10:56 AM   #432
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geralt View Post
Can I jailbreak Japanese version of kindle pw2013 wi-fi with this? I think it's the same, I just have 4GB space. Better to ask then to mess something up.

I'm running 5.4.2, serial number starts with B05A.
If the "update Kindle" is not grayed out - you can.

If it is grayed out - then you will be able to once that serial number is included in the packaging.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:22 AM   #433
Geralt
Witcher
Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Geralt ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
If the "update Kindle" is not grayed out - you can.

If it is grayed out - then you will be able to once that serial number is included in the packaging.
I tried it and it works!

Thanks a lot for the answer and even more for this update
Off to screensaver hack now ^_^
Old 11-22-2013, 11:26 AM   #434
aditya3098
Guru
aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aditya3098 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
I just checked out the delivery method. WOW! That one looks deadly. I'd like to see how amazon stops that one.
aditya3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2013, 11:29 AM   #435
Geralt
Witcher

It doesn't work.

I uploaded update_python_0.8.N_install.bin for screensaver hack, and the Jailbreak sign under the settings is gone. Puff, disappeared.
I can't update python because Update Your Kindle is grayed out.

Might be related but every time I connect my kindle to PC it deletes my dictionaries as well. I have to re-download them from the cloud. Maybe it did the same to jailbreak.

Last edited by Geralt; 11-22-2013 at 11:32 AM.

Tags
5.1.0, 5.2.0, jailbreak, kindle touch hacks, paperwhite, touch