Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 11-17-2011, 06:15 AM   #1
bibiboo
bibiboo began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
Set time on Kindle keyboard with usbnetworking and linux terminal

I have jailbreak and install usbnetworking to telnet to my Kindle. I have set time on my kindle with linux terminal but it always change back to a diffirent time ( GMT 0 ). Can anyone show me how to fix it ? Thanks
bibiboo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 08:21 AM   #2
Matan
Enthusiast
Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: none
Do you mean setting the time or the time zone?
Matan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2011, 06:06 AM   #3
bibiboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matan View Post
Do you mean setting the time or the time zone?
Both. Please help me
Old 11-19-2011, 01:48 AM   #4
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bibiboo View Post
I have jailbreak and install usbnetworking to telnet to my Kindle. I have set time on my kindle with linux terminal but it always change back to a diffirent time ( GMT 0 ). Can anyone show me how to fix it ? Thanks
You should manually set your time in the kindle 3 settings menu. Page 2 has "Device Time" choices of "set automatically" and "edit / set manually".
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 02:08 AM   #5
bibiboo

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekmaster View Post
You should manually set your time in the kindle 3 settings menu. Page 2 has "Device Time" choices of "set automatically" and "edit / set manually".
I know it but i just want to know how to do it on linux terminal. Thank u.
Old 11-19-2011, 05:56 AM   #6
Matan
Enthusiast
Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'Matan can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: none
You can set the time manually with the command date, and synchronize the time from a server using the command ntpdate.

To set the (unix) timezone, you need to copy the correct zone file to the kindle (since the kindle does not have unix zone files by default), and make sure /etc/localtime is a link to (or a copy of) the zone file.
Matan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 02:11 AM   #7
geekmaster
Carpe diem, c'est la vie.
geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geekmaster ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1 to PW3
I think that if the kindle settings are left on the "set automatically" default selection, then they will change when you connect via 3G or Wi-Fi.

On a 3G connection, "set automatically" may adjust timezone and time from 3G packet data (visible in settings 611 page 2).

On a Wi-Fi connection, "set automatically" may adjust timezone from your online Amazon profile and time from an NTP server.

Manual time settings may only stick if you select the "edit / set manually" setting, after which you may adjust the time however you wish.

NiLuje concurs:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...76&postcount=4
geekmaster is offline   Reply With Quote