Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 03-17-2010, 06:50 PM   #1
PapaSqrt
PapaSqrt began at the beginning.

Device: DR800SG
800SG resets?

Has anyone besides me run into the need to reset your 800SG? It doesn't happen a ton, but it will happen from time to time. Sometimes when I take it off from charging it will need to be reset before it will respond, or sometimes it will not turn off an respond in anyway other then the page will blink. Everything works fine again after the reset. I just wanted to know if others are having the same experience.
PapaSqrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 07:22 PM   #2
badbob001
Fanatic
badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badbob001 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (rip), Kindle Voyage, Fire Tablet 10 '17, iPad '19
Do you slide your switch to the lock position and then leave it alone for a long time? Someone reported that doing that may cause problems when you wake up the device.
badbob001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-17-2010, 07:47 PM   #3
PapaSqrt

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbob001 View Post
Do you slide your switch to the lock position and then leave it alone for a long time? Someone reported that doing that may cause problems when you wake up the device.
Nope, just normal everyday use. I don't use the lock position, and it has only been placed in lock position a couple of times and even then only for a min or two at most.
Old 03-17-2010, 09:08 PM   #4
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
I haven't had a single reset yet. It's been rock solid since day one. Have you done any hacks or installed any other software that might contribute to it? I'm mainly reading epub's and pdf's, but I seem to recall a couple comments about odd behavior with pdb files. Could that be a factor?
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:22 AM   #5
penartur
Groupie
penartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the rough

Device: PRS500 (great UX and BQ), DR800SG (great screen and features)
Quote:
Has anyone besides me run into the need to reset your 800SG? It doesn't happen a ton, but it will happen from time to time. Sometimes when I take it off from charging it will need to be reset before it will respond, or sometimes it will not turn off an respond in anyway other then the page will blink.
*OFFTOPIC* did you install rockbox on your DR800SG?
penartur is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-18-2010, 07:06 AM   #6
PapaSqrt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Goodbar View Post
I haven't had a single reset yet. It's been rock solid since day one. Have you done any hacks or installed any other software that might contribute to it? I'm mainly reading epub's and pdf's, but I seem to recall a couple comments about odd behavior with pdb files. Could that be a factor?
No hacks or installs of any kind. I have an read a mix of epub, pdf, and pdb files.
Old 03-18-2010, 08:07 AM   #7
Mr. Goodbar
Wizard
Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.Mr. Goodbar makes omelettes without breaking eggs.

Device: iPad Mini 4
Strange. You might want to try restoring the software and see if that fixes it.
Mr. Goodbar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 10:13 AM   #8
Shaggy
Wizard
Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Shaggy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, DR800SG
I haven't had to reset mine either. Once or twice I got a flashing blue/red LED, that I assume is some type of error indication, but just hitting the power switch again resolved it. If I remember right, it did it either going in to or coming out of standby mode.

Mine's only been completely booted twice. Once when I first got it, and then after the first 2 weeks when I let the battery completely run down.
Shaggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 02:25 PM   #9
Jumpn Jack Flash
Lazy Git
Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.Jumpn Jack Flash is no ebook tyro.

Device: iRex DR800S
Quote:
Originally Posted by penartur View Post
*OFFTOPIC* did you install rockbox on your DR800SG?
Rockbox would be an easy port despite the large screen. The lack of of a soundcard would be an issue
Jumpn Jack Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 03:14 PM   #10
penartur
Groupie
penartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the roughpenartur is a jewel in the rough

Device: PRS500 (great UX and BQ), DR800SG (great screen and features)
There is a thread about some high-pitched noise coming from DR800SG, it should be enough to emulate a full-fledged soundcard.
penartur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 07:03 PM   #11
PapaSqrt

well since it isn't happening a lot, maybe once every 5 or 6 days, I'll see what happens and what the effect of the firmware is when it comes out.