Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 06-23-2012, 12:07 PM   #1
rulet
rulet began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
html to fb2 or epub

There are html files with one structure and images. When converting f.e. to fb2 it creates fb2 but with only one image at the beginning of a fb2-file, others images are just missing. How to make that all other images where included in final fb2-file during conversion?
rulet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 07:58 AM   #2
rulet

Hmm... seems like forum is dead.
Advert
Old 06-24-2012, 08:04 AM   #3
Rob Lister
Fanatic
Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Maybe if you restate your question. As written, it is a little vague. Be very specific.

Also, what are you using to convert?
Rob Lister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 08:21 AM   #4
rulet

Hm... I'm talking about conversion html to fb2 or epub with calibre.
I thought it's clear that I'm talking about calibre in calibre's part of forum

Last edited by rulet; 06-24-2012 at 08:23 AM.
Old 06-24-2012, 08:36 AM   #5
Rob Lister
Fanatic
Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rob Lister ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulet View Post
Well, I'm talking about conversion html to fb2 or epub with calibre.
Be specific as to all the files involved and the steps you took to do the conversion.
Advert
Old 06-24-2012, 09:40 AM   #6
rulet

Ok. Here is an example. I want to convert this sport book [Mod: Link to probably unauthorised distribution of copyright material deleted] (just unpack it in some folder) in fb2 single file. So I put an index.html file into calibre and calibre recognize all structure of html file with a links. But when I convert it in fb2, after conversion I'm getting fb2-file with only one image at the begining of a file, other images are missing. What do I have to do that other images of a html structure were included in fb2-file(of course, if it is possible)?

Last edited by pdurrant; 06-24-2012 at 03:16 PM. Reason: Link to probable unauthorised distribution of copyright material deleted
Old 06-24-2012, 03:53 PM   #7
Rob Lister
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulet View Post
Ok. Here is an example. I want to convert this sport book [Mod: Link to probably unauthorised distribution of copyright material deleted] (just unpack it in some folder) in fb2 single file. So I put an index.html file into calibre and calibre recognize all structure of html file with a links. But when I convert it in fb2, after conversion I'm getting fb2-file with only one image at the begining of a file, other images are missing. What do I have to do that other images of a html structure were included in fb2-file(of course, if it is possible)?
I don't know anything about fb2. Since I can't see the original link (the mod appropriately deleted it ... shame on you ), I would probably take the original files (xhtml and jpgs) and build the epub using Sigil.

Likewise, if you output it to epub, you can open it in Sigil and see exactly what when wrong.

Last edited by Rob Lister; 06-24-2012 at 03:56 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:54 PM   #8
rulet

Thanks for an advise about Sigil.

...Ok, I see now. For some reason Calibre not added to the final converted file images from the /img catalog. I did it manually in Sigil. I am talking about converting a few html files with crosslinks(like a web-site sructure with images folder) into a single fb2 or epub-file.
... But when open again in Calibre epub file edited in Sigil images still don't show. Maybe there are some restrictions for the size and type of jpeg images used in epub?
) ... Ok, I think that much more easier just to use some html viewer or browser.

Last edited by rulet; 06-25-2012 at 09:05 AM.