Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 10-12-2014, 11:06 AM   #1
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Question about PB 626 usb connection

When I attach the USB cable to the PC and select PC Connection all that happens is I get a Pocketbook626 under 'devices and printers'. It lists the function of 'Nook Android Interface' under its properties. Which rings no bell at all here. I can disconnect the 'Pocketbook626', but what I do not get is a drive with the files on my PB626. Which I expected and desparately want.

Can anyone help me out (google doesn't).

Thanks.
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2014, 11:27 AM   #2
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

My previous question concerned a PC under Windows 7. On a desktop under W8.1 the device is seen (as well as the memory card) but not the system. How do I get to see (and add files to) the system?
Advert
Old 10-13-2014, 01:47 PM   #3
rkomar
Wizard
rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rkomar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, PB 902, PRS-T1, PB 623, PB 840, PB 633
You can use a shell at a terminal to access the system. You can install the version of pbterm for the latest touch devices to get shell access on the device. You can install utelnetd to get telnet access from your PC. You can install sshd or vsftpd to be able to copy files in and out of the device. Note that you will be able to read most of the system files, but without root access, you won't be able to write to the system directories. None of the latest devices have been rooted, as far as I know.
rkomar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 06:02 AM   #4
adbosch
Addict

Got it. Moderator, please remove this now useless thread. Thanks.
Old 10-21-2014, 10:00 PM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
We do not delete threads just because an answer has been supplied.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert