Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 06-15-2023, 11:36 AM   #1
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Post a picture of your reading settings!

Following another interminable argument discussion about fonts, margins, linespacing etc, I thought it would be fun to see what settings different people use on their reading devices. So you're invited to post a photo or a screenshot of your usual reading settings! Doesn't have to be an eink reader; if you read more often on a tablet, phone, computer, post your favorite settings on that. If you read with different settings on different devices, post the one you use most frequently, or all of them, as you wish.

Good-natured joking and thoughtful discussion is allowed, criticizing and belittling other people's settings (it's ugly! horrible! how can you read like that!) is not.

Here's a photo of my settings on the Libra 2 (they're very similar on my Sage).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P_20230503_002904 (2).jpg
Views:	386
Size:	1.02 MB
ID:	202043  
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 11:59 AM   #2
Connoisseur
305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.305869 solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Boox Leaf 7"
Screenshot of my Boox Leaf
I like a margin between paragraphs but otherwise not too concerned about style.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20230615-175729.png
Views:	251
Size:	206.1 KB
ID:	202045  
305869 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2023, 12:03 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Here's a sample of the settings I use:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	screen_001.png
Views:	247
Size:	137.1 KB
ID:	202046  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 12:08 PM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Here's a sample of the settings I use:
I thought you used left-aligned?
Old 06-15-2023, 12:20 PM   #5
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Here's my setup on my Kobo. I'm in the stupid office, so overhead fluorescents are making bright spots on the screen
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	PXL_20230615_160318446.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
Views:	237
Size:	693.8 KB
ID:	202047   Click image for larger version

Name:	PXL_20230615_161723049.PORTRAIT.ORIGINAL.jpg
Views:	217
Size:	730.8 KB
ID:	202048  
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2023, 01:13 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
I thought you used left-aligned?
That is a Kobo Plus book and I'm not enthused about removing DRM to edit it.

Here's an epub image.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	screen_001.png
Views:	173
Size:	133.6 KB
ID:	202049  

Last edited by DNSB; 06-15-2023 at 01:17 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 02:18 PM   #7
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
My settings on my Paperwhite (font: Volkhov):
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20230615_141345278.jpg
Views:	206
Size:	527.3 KB
ID:	202050  

Last edited by CWatkinsNash; 06-15-2023 at 04:06 PM. Reason: more details + font info
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 02:30 PM   #8
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Getting a good picture of a screen, especially with a mediocre smartphone camera, is not easy in my case. So I'll just list my settings and usage via text:

Paperwhite 3, firmware 5.9.4
---
Portrait orientation
Fully justified text
Minimum margins
Minimum line spacing
First line of paragraph: Indented
Extra space between paragraphs: None
Caecilia Condensed font
Font size: 6 (subject to change depending on how tired my eyes are)
Font boldness: 3
Bottom left shows: Time left in chapter
Bottom right shows: Percentage of book completed
Top shows: Nothing (no clock, etc.)
Daytime reading: Illumination turned off completely
Nightime dark area reading: Illumination set to 13 on a scale of 0 to 24
Airplane mode: 100% of the time, never goes online, sideload only
In transport: Inside protective neoprene case, screen against hard cased small tablet
In use: Naked device, no cover

Pretty much everybodys screenshots of their display look mostly identical. Except for @305869 - the font or the boldness or something there looks a little different to my eye.

Last edited by haertig; 06-15-2023 at 02:35 PM.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 02:36 PM   #9
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
Getting a good picture of a screen, especially with a mediocre smartphone camera, is not easy in my case. So I'll just list my settings and usage via text:...
The fun is in seeing the pictures, mediocre or no.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 02:59 PM   #10
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:

Pretty much everybodys screenshots of their display look mostly identical.
To me, they look very different.
Old 06-15-2023, 03:00 PM   #11
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Getting a good picture of a screen, especially with a mediocre smartphone camera, is not easy in my case. So I'll just list my settings and usage via text:
screenshot (simultaneously tap any two diagonally opposite corners)
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 03:02 PM   #12
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
The fun is in seeing the pictures, mediocre or no.
Exactly. The picture quality is not important.
Old 06-15-2023, 03:17 PM   #13
fabb
fabb began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Following another interminable argument discussion about fonts, margins, linespacing etc, I thought it would be fun to see what settings different people use on their reading devices. So you're invited to post a photo or a screenshot of your usual reading settings! Doesn't have to be an eink reader; if you read more often on a tablet, phone, computer, post your favorite settings on that. If you read with different settings on different devices, post the one you use most frequently, or all of them, as you wish.

Good-natured joking and thoughtful discussion is allowed, criticizing and belittling other people's settings (it's ugly! horrible! how can you read like that!) is not.

Here's a photo of my settings on the Libra 2 (they're very similar on my Sage).
You guys should share the font too! Which one is this?
fabb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 03:21 PM   #14
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
delete post
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2023, 03:22 PM   #15
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabb View Post
You guys should share the font too! Which one is this?
Lexia Dama is the font in my pic.