Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 01-25-2011, 09:10 AM   #1
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
image on separate page without half-page text next

In preparation for a new publication, I am thinking on a problem I will have. The book will be illustration. Usually that is at the beginning of a header, which makes it easer. Just a page with the image in the new chapter and make sure there is a page break after.
In this publication the images will be a full page, but somewhere in the middle of the chapters. Since there are sometimes more images in one chapter, the normal solution will not work.

What do I want? I want to place the code for the image roughly at the right location. This will work of course, but probably the reflow of the page will result in the page before the image not being completely filled. I would like to have the page filled, then the image on the next page and then on the page after that the rest of the text. I am not sure if it can be done, but perhaps with some floats?
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2011, 10:38 AM   #2
Jellby
frumious Bandersnatch
Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jellby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Orizon, Kobo Aura
As far as I know, it can't be done with the current ePUB. Prince and LaTeX can both do that, if you want to create a PDF, though.
Jellby is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-26-2011, 03:32 AM   #3
Toxaris
Wizard
Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Toxaris ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-T1, Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura
Hmm, that confirms my suspicions. Thanks Jellby.
Toxaris is offline   Reply With Quote