Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 09-29-2010, 06:28 PM   #1
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Strange Attractors by Jeffrey A. Carver (The Chaos Chronicles)

Hey all -- It's time to let you know that my SF novel, Strange Attractors (Volume 2 of The Chaos Chronicles), is now up in the Kindle store and at Smashwords in my own edition, DRM-free, for $2.99. The Chaos Chronicles were published in paper by Tor Books. Here's the description from the product page:

Quote:
For John Bandicut, Earth is but a memory. Stranded at the edge of the galaxy in a structure populated with beings from a thousand worlds, Bandicut finds unexpected friends—only to be caught up in a cascade of forces that threaten the Shipworld itself. Confronting an entity known as the boojum, Bandicut discovers greater peril than ever in his journey into the unknown. Volume 2 of The Chaos Chronicles, from the Nebula-nominated author of Eternity's End.
  • "A dazzling, thrilling, innovative space opera...probably Carver's best effort to date." —Kirkus Reviews
  • "An irresistibly readable story line reinforced by fascinating speculative science. Readers who come this far will be hooked for the series' duration." —Booklist
  • "Carver's latest novel showcases his own fertile imagination and his talent for creating a host of engagingly sympathetic characters." —Library Journal
  • "Carver is at his rousing best in this wild ride into the heart of an enigmatic world beyond the Milky Way. This is science fiction out at the frontier. Maybe beyond the frontier." —Jack McDevitt
This novel is the sequel to Neptune Crossing and comes before The Infinite Sea (soon to be up) and Sunborn, already available as a Tor ebook and pbook.

starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 11:58 PM   #2
Moe The Cat
Bear Melt
Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Moe The Cat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Google Pixel 6, Moto G9 Power (both with Fbreader) & Kindle PW2
I got all the Chaos Chronicle volumes last year at Fictionwise, DRM-free, and they sure weren't $2.99! And they didn't have the fancy new covers which, unlike some, I like. Thanks, Jeffrey!
Moe The Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2010, 12:21 AM   #3
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe The Cat View Post
I got all the Chaos Chronicle volumes last year at Fictionwise, DRM-free, and they sure weren't $2.99! And they didn't have the fancy new covers which, unlike some, I like. Thanks, Jeffrey!
I'm glad you like the covers, Moe. I think it must have been my other titles you bought at FW, in E-reads editions. The Chaos books were up for free for two years on my website. This is the first time I've had them on sale anywhere. (Except briefly, Baen put them up for sale by mistake, when they were just supposed to be in the Free Library. The only problem with that was that those versions have the original Tor covers, which I don't have the right to use except for promotional giveaways.)
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote