Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-20-2012, 07:19 AM   #31
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Hi, yes, I'm very sorry that I couldn't hold my promises here. There's been some sad family business over christmas, so I got very distracted. However, the bad times are about over now, so I hope to get back to work on this. I really recommend to look at dpavlin's codebase in the meantime, but hopefully, I'll find time over the weekend to properly include the relevant changes. Thank you all for the ongoing interest in this :-)
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:23 PM   #32
traycold
Connoisseur
traycold doesn't littertraycold doesn't litter

Device: Kobo Glo Hd, Kobo H2O2
hi, any chance you can incorporate the support of djvu into your reader? thanks in any case for your project.
traycold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:37 PM   #33
JustAMan
Groupie
JustAMan doesn't litterJustAMan doesn't litter

Device: Kindle Touch
Wow, cool thread and (seemingly) cool app. Any chance it would be enabled on KTouch anytime soon? Amazon's native PDF reader is pathetic at best...
JustAMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2012, 09:26 AM   #34
traycold
Connoisseur

hi,
i tried to compile from source.
But i got the following error when launched the "make":
Spoiler:
Code:
arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc -c -O0 -g -Ilua/src -Imupdf/ -Iluafilesystem/src kpdfview.c -o kpdfview.o
arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc -c -O0 -g -Ilua/src -Imupdf/  einkfb.c -o einkfb.o
arm-none-linux-gnueabi-gcc -c -O0 -g -Ilua/src -Imupdf/ -Iluafilesystem/src pdf.c -o pdf.o
pdf.c:25: error: expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'pdf_xref'
pdf.c: In function 'openDocument':
pdf.c:55: error: 'PdfDocument' has no member named 'context'
pdf.c:55: warning: passing argument 2 of 'fz_new_context' makes pointer from integer without a cast
pdf.c:55: error: too few arguments to function 'fz_new_context'
pdf.c:59: error: 'PdfDocument' has no member named 'context'
pdf.c:60: error: 'PdfDocument' has no member named 'xref'
pdf.c:60: error: 'PdfDocument' has no member named 'context'
pdf.c:62: error: 'PdfDocument' has no member named 'context'
pdf.c:62: error: 'PdfDocument' has no member named 'context'
pdf.c:66: error: 'PdfDocument' has no member named 'xref'
pdf.c:67: error: 'PdfDocument' has no member named 'xref'
pdf.c:67: warning: passing argument 2 of 'pdf_authenticate_password' discards qualifiers from pointer target type
pdf.c:70: error: 'PdfDocument' has no member named 'pages'
pdf.c:70: error: 'PdfDocument' has no member named 'xref'
pdf.c: In function 'closeDocument':
pdf.c:76: error: 'PdfDocument' has no member named 'xref'
pdf.c:77: error: 'PdfDocument' has no member named 'xref'
pdf.c:78: error: 'PdfDocument' has no member named 'xref'
pdf.c:80: error: 'PdfDocument' has no member named 'context'
pdf.c:81: error: 'PdfDocument' has no member named 'context'
pdf.c:82: error: 'PdfDocument' has no member named 'context'
pdf.c: In function 'getNumberOfPages':
pdf.c:88: error: 'PdfDocument' has no member named 'pages'
pdf.c: In function 'openPage':
pdf.c:169: error: 'PdfDocument' has no member named 'pages'
pdf.c:170: error: 'PdfDocument' has no member named 'pages'
pdf.c:178: error: 'PdfDocument' has no member named 'context'
pdf.c:179: error: 'PdfDocument' has no member named 'xref'
pdf.c:181: error: 'PdfDocument' has no member named 'context'
pdf.c:181: error: 'PdfDocument' has no member named 'context'
pdf.c: In function 'getUsedBBox':
pdf.c:218: error: 'PdfDocument' has no member named 'context'
pdf.c:219: error: 'PdfDocument' has no member named 'context'
pdf.c:220: error: 'PdfDocument' has no member named 'xref'
pdf.c:225: error: 'PdfDocument' has no member named 'context'
pdf.c:225: error: 'PdfDocument' has no member named 'context'
pdf.c: In function 'closePage':
pdf.c:240: error: 'PdfDocument' has no member named 'context'
pdf.c: In function 'drawPage':
pdf.c:260: error: 'PdfDocument' has no member named 'context'
pdf.c:267: error: 'PdfDocument' has no member named 'context'
pdf.c:278: error: 'PdfDocument' has no member named 'xref'
pdf.c:282: warning: passing argument 1 of 'fz_gamma_pixmap' from incompatible pointer type
pdf.c:282: error: incompatible type for argument 2 of 'fz_gamma_pixmap'
pdf.c:282: error: too few arguments to function 'fz_gamma_pixmap'
pdf.c:300: error: 'PdfDocument' has no member named 'context'
make: *** [pdf.o] Error 1

Do you have any clue about it?

Moreover, on "Makefile" there is a small typo, preventing LUA lib to be made: $(LUALIB) becomes $(LUALIBS).

Regards.

UPDATE: maybe i find the root issue of the compilation error: a commit on MUPDF made some weeks ago; i suppose, a refactoring needs to be done on kindlepdfreader, too; i'm not so expert in C to do it by myself.

Last edited by traycold; 02-12-2012 at 11:47 AM.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:00 AM   #35
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah well, yes, I think I'll need to adapt to that. Thank you very much for digging out the relevant commit already! I'll update the code and report back.
Old 02-13-2012, 06:03 AM   #36
eLiNK
Addict
eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.

Device: PRS-505, KDXG
looks sweet.
Any chance we will get the possibility of adding annotations?
eLiNK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 06:04 AM   #37
eLiNK
Addict
eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.eLiNK got an A in P-Chem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by traycold View Post
hi, any chance you can incorporate the support of djvu into your reader? thanks in any case for your project.
would second that.
Old 02-13-2012, 09:38 AM   #38
traycold
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
Ah well, yes, I think I'll need to adapt to that. Thank you very much for digging out the relevant commit already! I'll update the code and report back.
hi,
actually at the end i was able to compile, trying to figure out the right modification in the code. Some warning appears in the make log, anyway.
And, when i try to run the application on kindle, after selecting the PDF file the it crashes. Probably some more work is needed, and my C skils are too low.

In any case, some slight modification are also needed on makefile (for instance: apparently libmupdf.a doesn't exist anymore, and it's incoporated in libfizt.a).

Hope this may be useful for your work.
Old 02-13-2012, 02:17 PM   #39
hawhill
Wizard

I did the changes now, however I had not yet the chance to test them on my Kindle. In emulation mode everything runs well. Hm, not everything: Latest integration of rotation detection broke the emulation in file choser mode.

As for djvu: I'll look into that, but that will take some time. It's a complete new API... I can't promise if it will ever be ready, let's just cross fingers that I'll be lucky and have some free days and it's raining outside :-)
Old 02-16-2012, 02:39 AM   #40
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: k3G, KDXG, AuraHD
Tested on my kindle3 and every thing works fine.

For those who want to give the latest code a try, please download my built from following link:
https://github.com/houqp/kindlepdfviewer/downloads

Warning: This built includes my custom changes (a font chooser) which have not been accepted by hawhill. So use at your own risk. ;-P

PS: you can find some documented shortcuts for kindlepdfviewer on project's wiki page:
https://github.com/hwhw/kindlepdfviewer/wiki/ShortCuts

Last edited by dave2008; 02-21-2012 at 09:29 PM. Reason: update download link
dave2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 03:39 AM   #41
traycold
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawhill View Post
As for djvu: I'll look into that, but that will take some time. It's a complete new API...
thank you very much!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave2008 View Post
Tested on my kindle3 and every thing works fine.
may i ask you (and hawhill) which toolchain do you use to build from source?
Old 02-16-2012, 03:51 AM   #42
dave2008
Addict
dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.dave2008 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by traycold View Post
may i ask you (and hawhill) which toolchain do you use to build from source?
I am lazy, so I just installed a scratchbox tool chain from portage.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:21 AM   #43
eLiNK
Addict

hawhill, dpavlin, dave2008
Thanks guys for your work.

tested it on my KDXG too.
works well, with the exception of several files, which do not get displayed. (checked them in kindle's pdf viewer. they are fine.)
I figure I should better contact a mupdf's development team regarding this issue.

The other thing I was wondering about.
Since the mupdf reader has some kind of a file management, would it be possible to implement a basic search functionality?

Last edited by eLiNK; 02-16-2012 at 08:29 AM.
Old 02-16-2012, 08:31 PM   #44
dave2008
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eLiNK View Post
The other thing I was wondering about.
Since the mupdf reader has some kind of a file management, would it be possible to implement a basic search functionality?
Yes, since kindlepdfviewer is open sourced under GPL (THX to hawhill), everything is possible!

It is not difficult to implement a search feature for kindlepdfviewer, but currently, I don't have enough free time to work on it. I will try to write one if there is still no hacker working on this feature next week.

BTW, a large part of the UI is written in LUA, which makes hacking really easy, you don't need to compile any thing when hacking on these lua scripts. Also the emulation mode is a killing feature for developers!

I will put my own latest built (under heavy development) in following page, in case anybody want to give it a try:
https://github.com/houqp/kindlepdfviewer/downloads

Last edited by dave2008; 02-16-2012 at 08:34 PM.
Old 02-17-2012, 10:22 AM   #45
vmonkey
vmonkey began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Would it be possible to implement a keyboard shortcut to rotate screen eg. for 270°? I know that the screen rotating feature works when muPDF is launched while the screen being rotated, however, it would be nice to have the ability to change it instantly. And changing screen orientantion as mentioned in ShortCuts Overview page on Wiki does not work properly (I can't manage to view fully the rotated page -> the "fit to.." options does not work).

Thanks for answer and, mainly, for your great work!!!

Last edited by vmonkey; 02-17-2012 at 10:26 AM.
vmonkey is offline   Reply With Quote