Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 07-28-2009, 01:17 AM   #76
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Just like to mention I've got several older versions uploaded here:
http://www.utterlyinsane.org/calibre/

0.5.14 and 0.6.0 should finish upload in a few minutes.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:53 AM   #77
GeeksterInSF
GeeksterInSF began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Thank you so much, ilovejedd.

I've reinstalled 0.5.14 and I'm now back in business!

I look forward to using 0.6.x in future, when I have the time and the patience to fix the problems with my setup.
GeeksterInSF is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2009, 03:23 AM   #78
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
I uploaded the Windows 0.5.14 version to rapidshare at:

http://rapidshare.com/files/26086122....5.14.exe.html

Apparently, it can only be downloaded 10 times before being deleted...
It's already been deleted.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 07:45 AM   #79
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
@AprilHare: Can you please followup up in the calibre 0.60 thread in the calibre forum (basically, I'm guessing you need the 32 bit libphonon library).
Thanks Kovid, 0.6.1 fixed my issue. Great job, goodonya mate!
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:25 AM   #80
griffonwing
Suave Swabby, Savvy?
griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.griffonwing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Slate Blue PEZ (Astak Pocket Pro), CVSCX-9300 Quad-band watch phone
If you do not like having to create new accounts and then upload files, you can share files directly from your PC.

Opera 10 beta has a feature called Unite.

http://unite.opera.com/

It will sync a folder (subfolders) on your computer and give that folder a website address. (computer.username.operaunite.com). So my folder would be synced up under "laptop.griffonwing.operaunite.com". But I don't currently have the plug-in installed.

It's great if you have small files you'd like to share, and not have to worry about remembering where you uploaded them to.
griffonwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2009, 11:09 AM   #81
Momo_Germany
Connoisseur
Momo_Germany began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle3 (great!!) +DX, Sony PRS-505,-700,-600 (dislike!), iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
It's already been deleted.

Regards, Alex

Hi AlexBell,

I've uploaded Calibre 0.5.14 for Windows at Rapidshare.com. Here's the link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/26071224...bre-0.5.14.exe

Best wishes,
Momo
Momo_Germany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:24 PM   #82
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momo_Germany View Post
Hi AlexBell,

I've uploaded Calibre 0.5.14 for Windows at Rapidshare.com. Here's the link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/26071224...bre-0.5.14.exe

Best wishes,
Momo
Thanks so much for your trouble.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:10 PM   #83
toshiro
toshiro began at the beginning.

Device: sony
anyone has the linux version 0.6.0 of calibre? The latest versions don't recognize anymore my Sony PRS-505 and I'm stuck, because if I install a previous version (like 0.5.x) I got an error on my library!!!

Thanks in advance!
toshiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2009, 10:14 PM   #84
cvkemp
Loving life
cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cvkemp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PaperWhite 5,iPhone 13, IPad, MacBook Air
The issue is that version 0.6 undated the database and made it non compatable with version .5.x what I was told if I did not have a saved copy of the old database I would have to delete the new copy and have the version .5 to create a new database
cvkemp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 10:26 AM   #85
ElizabethN
reader, ebook junkie
ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ElizabethN ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: in use kindle oasis 2nd and 3rd gen, kobo forma, boox poke5
I'm not sure if this is a preference I have sent up wrong or a bug, started sometime after updating to calibre 0.6.2 or .3.

When I load books on my sony 505 sd card/memory stick using calibre, instead of adding the book & author to the file already in the card's calibre folder, an author file is created outside the calibre folder. I've just been dragging the new book file to the correct author file in calibre and then deleting the now empty author folder.

It also happens when I've updated a book's metadata and re-loaded it on the card. Previously, if only the metadata was changed the new version would replace the old version in the calibre folder, now the old version remains until deleted and the new version is put in an author folder outside of the main calibre folder.

Is this a feature of 0.6 calibre that I should take advantage of? I do have 1500+ files between memory card & sd card. Would the sony re-load any faster if I just pulled all the author files out of the calibre folder and had multiple individual author folders rather than 1 large calibre folder with the author folders within it?

any advice? thanks

Last edited by ElizabethN; 08-07-2009 at 11:03 AM.
ElizabethN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 11:48 AM   #86
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@ElizabethN: Yes, it is a new feature of calibre to put files into separate folders based on author names and tags. For large collections this should make it a little faster when loading books on the SONY, though I haven't really tested it.

The side effect of that is that if you change the metadata and upload, the old file is not replaced, since the new file goes into a new folder based on the new metadata.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 04:57 PM   #87
PastorGene
PastorGene began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
0.6.6 Giving me error message

Can't download anything using 0.6.6. "Can't find the pathway." Reloaded .5 & all is well. Anyone else having a problem?
PastorGene is offline   Reply With Quote