Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 01-29-2012, 04:39 PM   #76
The Terminator
Retired
The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.The Terminator ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Optimus One (2.3), Nexus 7 (4.2)
Deleted.

Last edited by The Terminator; 01-29-2012 at 05:33 PM.
The Terminator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 04:47 PM   #77
Boruteczko
Boruteczko can differentiate black from dark navy blueBoruteczko can differentiate black from dark navy blueBoruteczko can differentiate black from dark navy blueBoruteczko can differentiate black from dark navy blueBoruteczko can differentiate black from dark navy blueBoruteczko can differentiate black from dark navy blueBoruteczko can differentiate black from dark navy blueBoruteczko can differentiate black from dark navy blueBoruteczko can differentiate black from dark navy blueBoruteczko can differentiate black from dark navy blueBoruteczko can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
I was just thinking of an easy means of viewing the charge on the battery for instance.
This would be very useful, but unfortunately there's a battery calibration bug - the icon shows it as fully charged while it isn't. Anyway, I'd appreciate an option to show battery life stats in units of time too.
Boruteczko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-29-2012, 04:48 PM   #78
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Thanks for the pics. I was curious to see what the changes did.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 06:02 PM   #79
volpo
Addict
volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E, Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by voom View Post
some text and lines got lost in this version (at least on my device))

It looks like that on my KT as well.
volpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 05:08 AM   #80
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
If you are interested, this is the Spanish translation (I've got the French version, renamed it to _es -I don't know if it would be _sp- and translated it).
Attached Files
File Type: zip koboplugins_es.zip (1.1 KB, 258 views)
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-30-2012, 05:54 AM   #81
Koboyashi
Zealot
Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Koboyashi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ah- View Post
<snip>What stats are you interested in? Just a percentage?<snip>
How about just a number (maybe in a battery symbol if not highly intricate) displaying the percentage remaining?
Koboyashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:25 AM   #82
Uncle Ned
Uncle Ned began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo; Nexus 7
Thanks for this work.

I don't recall seeing this in the thread:

I installed the plug-in this morning, went into Library and back to Home, and there it was. Worked fine and I got rid of the Recommendations/Shortcuts thing. My Kobo is set to power-off after 30 minutes for a longer battery life. When I switched it back on, I had to go back into Library to get the plug-in going again (although it remembered my settings). Is this known and expected behavior?
Uncle Ned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 11:37 AM   #83
voom
Just me :)
voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.voom is no ebook tyro.

Quote:
Is this known and expected behavior?
Yes, that is how the plugin-interface works. It does not bother me, as I never power off except for loading the plugin.ini after making changes. My impression is, that the pros in convenience for only using sleep mode outweigh the slightly higher powerconsumption by far. Considering that the difference probably is about 1 day more or less in several weeks until needing to charge for a few hours I will definitely use power off only for means of reboot for technical reasons.
voom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2012, 10:34 AM   #84
reithme
reithme began at the beginning.

Fantastic work folks!! With the Tweaks installed, there's so much better control of the Touch. I was wondering if there's a way to add a Browser link to bottom menu that comes up when you tap the middle of a page when you're reading a book. I'd like to be able to occasionally switch to the browser without going back through the front page and menu. Cheers.
reithme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:02 AM   #85
ikarus9999
Connoisseur
ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Attached is the latest version of the tweaks plugin.

Installation as always:
* Extract KoboRoot.zip to the device into the '.kobo' directory and eject the device. Upgrade should install automatically.

Whats New:

- added spanish translation
- new Option to add Wifi On/Off menu entry showWifiOnOff=0
- Support for Collections (Kobo already had this implemented but not yet enabled)
Collections can be created on the device
Collections can be edited on the device
I've added two options:
- showShelves=1 (for the main menu)
- [Library] showShelves=1 (for the Library View)
I'm trying to get collection support in calibre as the database tag for collections was always present in the kobo.

EDIT:

Please be aware the activating the Bookshelves might break future firmware updates (as mentioned by George and MDK). To be on the safe side you may have to perform a factory reset before upgrading to a newer firmware.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KoboRoot.zip (54.5 KB, 484 views)

Last edited by ikarus9999; 02-02-2012 at 01:41 AM.
ikarus9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:42 PM   #86
volpo
Addict
volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E, Glo HD
Hi,

Two things. The latest version of the plugin doesn't work properly with my KT. It runs but as soon as I press settings the KT freezes. If I touch anywhere else while it is frozen it re-starts (I guess it is a good thing that the plugin isn't self starting after all :-).
2nd, version control. The updates come quickly so maybe it's time to add version numbers to the 'TGZ' file.

Anyway, I'm falling back to the previous version (as soon as I can figure out which one it is).

Seconds later: Back to the previous version and all is as it was.

Last edited by volpo; 02-01-2012 at 12:47 PM.
volpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:51 PM   #87
Jaden
Evangelist
Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jaden ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Might be a stupid question but what's supposed to happen when I hit "tweaks"?

When I hit it, my Kobo resets. Is there anything I have to install or something else that I have missed somehow?

Also the bookshelves "vanish" once I entered one of them until I go to the homescreen and back to library again. But maybe that's normal, too, like having to go to the library once before getting to see the extras in the menue?
Jaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 02:00 PM   #88
ikarus9999
Connoisseur
ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'ikarus9999 can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Quote:
Originally Posted by volpo View Post
Hi,

Two things. The latest version of the plugin doesn't work properly with my KT. It runs but as soon as I press settings the KT freezes. If I touch anywhere else while it is frozen it re-starts (I guess it is a good thing that the plugin isn't self starting after all :-).
2nd, version control. The updates come quickly so maybe it's time to add version numbers to the 'TGZ' file.

Anyway, I'm falling back to the previous version (as soon as I can figure out which one it is).

Seconds later: Back to the previous version and all is as it was.
What do you mean by settings? If you mean the Tweaks entry than this is possible. I'll never use the tweaks dialog. I'll adjust all settings in the koboplugins.ini. I'll check if I can reproduce the error.

I'll add a version number to the next releases.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:01 PM   #89
ikarus9999
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
Also the bookshelves "vanish" once I entered one of them until I go to the homescreen and back to library again. But maybe that's normal, too, like having to go to the library once before getting to see the extras in the menue?
This is known behaviour. I'm still working on the bookshelf feature. This should be fixed with the next release.
Old 02-01-2012, 02:07 PM   #90
george.talusan
Kobo Developer Intern
george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.george.talusan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Mini, Kobo Glo
Howdy folks,

This is admirable work. I'm also tracking the commits in your GitHub project. However, please be aware that poking around with this functionality could break or change in a future upgrade of the Kobo Touch firmware.

This feature has been explicitly hidden from the default user interface so there will be no guarantees of backward compatibility for those of you that enable it with this plugin... although we'll try our best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ikarus9999 View Post
Attached is the latest version of the tweaks plugin.

Installation as always:
* Extract KoboRoot.zip to the device into the '.kobo' directory and eject the device. Upgrade should install automatically.

Whats New:

- added spanish translation
- new Option to add Wifi On/Off menu entry showWifiOnOff=0
- Support for Collections (Kobo already had this implemented but not yet enabled)
Collections can be created on the device
Collections can be edited on the device
I've added two options:
- showShelves=1 (for the main menu)
- [Library] showShelves=1 (for the Library View)
I'm trying to get collection support in calibre as the database tag for collections was always present in the kobo.
george.talusan is offline   Reply With Quote