Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-09-2011, 01:07 PM   #1
daqddyo1
daqddyo1 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader
Sony eReader flaw with borrowed books

Hi,
Often when I borrow a book from one of my libraries and I select my borrowed book, I am told that I cannot read it as it is "Protected by copyright management". Always when this happens, I have many days left to read it.
My workaround is to then select a magazine, open it and then return to my borrowed book. I am then permitted to open and read it but all memory of the page I was on is gone. I have to search though the book to find the page where I left off.

I cannot find any link to Sony support for their eReader. Is there such a link?

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Does anyone have a fix for this bug?

Thanks,

John
daqddyo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 01:50 PM   #2
delphin
Evangelist
delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.delphin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY PRS-650
This is a known issue.

There are several threads here about this already.

This problem effects several models, and YES, Sony does know about it.

Sony is aware of the issue, and says they are working on a fix.

In the mean time, at the above linked support page Sony suggest the following . . .

Quote:
Until a permanent resolution becomes available, follow this procedure as a workaround for this issue:

1. If your Reader Digital Book is still on, turn it off.
2. Turn your Reader Digital Book back on. While it is turning on, avoid tapping the screen.
3. After it has started and reached the Home screen, wait approximately 60 seconds before opening the book you would like to read.

Last edited by delphin; 03-09-2011 at 01:52 PM.
delphin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-11-2011, 07:12 AM   #3
daqddyo1
daqddyo1 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony eReader
Thanks so much Delphin. I'll be patient and wait for the fix.

daqddyo1
daqddyo1 is offline   Reply With Quote