Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 07-23-2008, 06:39 PM   #1
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500
Washington, DC Area MR Meet-up: Aug 23rd in Herndon

Edit: If you just got here, the setting of a date fills the rest of page one. The announcement starts in post #16 on the top of page 2.

Original Post
Quote:
OK gang, I propose a get together for those of us that live, work, or go to school in the area. Now Nate (the Great) and I are both on the Virginia side and Steve Jordan lives in Maryland so 2:1 for Virginia. Plus there has been some preliminary interest expressed by some outside the area that my come.

A good friend owns a restaurant in Herndon (with very good food and drink too) and he can provide the space for us. I suggest we plan for nothing sooner than 4 or 5 weeks from now.
Comments, suggestions, drink orders?
RWood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 08:54 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
sounds like a great plan to me ! does your friend serve zany carter deluxes ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 10:45 PM   #3
RWood
Technogeezer
RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RWood ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
sounds like a great plan to me ! does your friend serve zany carter deluxes ?
I am yet to find anything he can't make -- from Thai Sate to the best Wienerschnitzel around to Pacific Seafood Stew. Great salads and veggie dishes along with meats. PM me the dish descriptions and I'll see about having it ready when you come.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:09 PM   #4
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Can he make me one with the Universe?
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 11:19 PM   #5
RWood
Technogeezer

He is a Chef; but, I am sure that for you he will double as a Zen Master especially if Goat Cheese Strudel is your version of Nirvana.
Old 07-23-2008, 11:29 PM   #6
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

We don't seem to be getting much of a response yet. Here is something to tempt you into coming.

I will be bringing some of my ebook reader collection with me. I don't think I'll want to bother with bringing everything, but at the very least I will bring the devices I like (plus one or two more). This will be around 12 gadgets. I'm going to try to have them all charged, and with reader software running. We might spend a few minutes before dinner passing them around and talking about them.

BTW, two moderators are currently discussing whether it would be worth flying in from Europe just to see my collection. I think they're joking, but I'm not sure.
Old 07-24-2008, 12:00 AM   #7
RWood
Technogeezer

With Nate's collection on display it promises to be the meet of the year.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:20 AM   #8
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
We don't seem to be getting much of a response yet. Here is something to tempt you into coming.

I will be bringing some of my ebook reader collection with me. I don't think I'll want to bother with bringing everything, but at the very least I will bring the devices I like (plus one or two more). This will be around 12 gadgets. I'm going to try to have them all charged, and with reader software running. We might spend a few minutes before dinner passing them around and talking about them.

BTW, two moderators are currently discussing whether it would be worth flying in from Europe just to see my collection. I think they're joking, but I'm not sure.
neither are we.

stop tempting us.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:09 AM   #9
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Hey - it might be better if the collection of 12 did a "World Tour"...
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 06:39 PM   #10
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Sounds like a plan! If I had some text together, I'd bring it for a reading! But I don't, so I can't, so I'll probably just come and drink. Tell your friend to polish up on his rum runners, and keep me apprised!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:23 PM   #11
slayda
Retired & reading more!
slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slayda ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1, iPad Air 2, iPhone 6S+, Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nate the great View Post
Can he make me one with the Universe?
If he uses the entire universe, that will be a big one!
slayda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:39 PM   #12
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Count me in. Although I live inside the Beltway and will need a visa to get to Herndon, I'll make the effort
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 08:35 PM   #13
RWood
Technogeezer

In a series of PMs we have a few possible dates, all in August: 16, 23, and 30.

Comments, commitments?

Yes, wives, husbands, lovers, friends, and others are welcome. Reading ability desired but not required.
Old 07-26-2008, 11:06 PM   #14
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWood View Post
In a series of PMs we have a few possible dates, all in August: 16, 23, and 30.

Comments, commitments?
I have no commitments for any of those dates... so far, so good!
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 07:10 PM   #15
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh

I'm leaning towards the 23rd.