Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 09-22-2014, 11:03 AM   #1
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Margin Settings reduced at conversion

I usually set all margins in the @page-css to 5pt. But when I add a book to Calibre and convert it from epub to epub, the program always reduces the @page-style to
Code:
{
margin-bottom: 5pt;
margin-top: 5pt
}

margin-left and margin-right beeing ignored. Thus, the text appears too close to the edges of the screen, and I have to manually correct those settings.

What I do not understand is, that in the conversion section of the program ("page settings" - or "preferences" in English, I don't know), all margins are set to 5pt.

The described effect appears whether in the "Modify epub Options" the "modify @page and body margin styles" option is checked or not.
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 12:51 PM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
In Calibre, in Preferences under Common options, add in your @page CSS under Extra CSS. That will have Calibre add it to the CSS of your conversion.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2014, 01:49 AM   #3
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you, I'll try this!
Old 09-23-2014, 12:35 PM   #4
Leonatus
Wizard

Hm, I added, as you advised me, in Preferences under Common options, an @page CSS under Extra CSS like that:
Code:
@page
{
margin: 5pt
}
and chose "apply".

I closed Calibre and re-started it. Then, I chose a sample epub for conversion, containing (before conversion) only the @page rule for bottom and top. At conversion, under "Layout", my extra css did not appear. Conversion had no effect on the @page as desired. Do I have to always fill in my css style again?
Old 09-23-2014, 12:35 PM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Margins are controlled under the Page Layout section of the conversion dialog. Set whatever margins you want there.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-23-2014, 12:38 PM   #6
Leonatus
Wizard

Thank you for the quick answer, Kovid! In fact, it was super-quick!