Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-27-2009, 03:56 PM   #1
dr_zhivago
dr_zhivago began at the beginning.

Device: pocket pc
Hi Everyone!

Hi everyone! Nice looking forum! I hope it will help me get into the whole e-book reading! All my friends do it now but I am still stuck on paper for some reason! Talk to you all soon!
dr_zhivago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 04:28 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, dr_zhivago

Nothing wrong with paper books.....we' all love 'em.

However, when you realize you can carry hundreds at a time in a device the size of a small paperback......

When you realize you no longer have to use your truss to read huge volumes....

When you realize you can adjust the font.......

When you realize you open the book to "last page read" regardless of where you were......

When you realize the scope of books out there waiting to be read, for free! (public domain, yes,....but also indies and free ones given by authors.....

When you realize you can read anywhere, any time, any book in your library......just with a click of a button.....

Or download a book you want, anywhere, anytime and get it instantly..(only with wireless models, of course)

And thats just for starters.

Enjoy the forums.....
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2009, 07:33 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi dr_zhivago and welcome to MobileRead. I used to read on an iPaq and really liked it till I got my hands on an eInk device now there is NO going back; better battery life and you don't have that light shining in your eyes
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:52 AM   #4
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Welcome to the amazing world of ebooks and ebook readers. If you avail yourself of all the information here, you'll be much more the expert than your techno-geek friends.
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote