Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 02-28-2009, 02:12 PM   #1
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
Getting rid of Notices/Tip

Hi.

My screen is plagued with Notices/Tip at the top. How can I get rid of it?

Ta!
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 02:14 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
if it's an announcement in a little blue box, thre should be an "X" button to click to close it. if it's something else, can you post a screen shot ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-28-2009, 02:17 PM   #3
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
if it's an announcement in a little blue box, thre should be an "X" button to click to close it.
Yep. It is. However, it is annoying that I have to click the red cross to close it. I wonder whether it is possible permanently to prevents the appearance of the announcements?
Old 02-28-2009, 02:20 PM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

well, we use them pretty rarely, for exceptional announcements, so they shouldn't be too much of a bother for you. i don't think you can block them, since they are meant for important information we want to announce, but once you close them, they shouldn't come back.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:25 PM   #5
astra
The Introvert

I see.
Pity.

Is it supposed to be important:
Tip Your first candid Kindle 2 moments? Share them with us here (and we always love to see photos)!
??????

Not for me.
I would prefer to have an option to decide on my own what is or is not important for me.

Advert
Old 02-28-2009, 02:28 PM   #6
zelda_pinwheel

hm, that's strange, where do you see that tip ? i don't have it.
Old 02-28-2009, 02:52 PM   #7
astra
The Introvert

Here you go:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tip.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	24654  
Old 02-28-2009, 03:11 PM   #8
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Just click on the red "X" and you won't see it again. It's worked for me.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:14 PM   #9
astra
The Introvert

Quote:
Originally Posted by daffy4u View Post
Just click on the red "X" and you won't see it again. It's worked for me.
OK. I think I got it.

I was going through a news letter with many new threads and I was opening them all. So, all of them got the tip. Maybe if I closed it on the first thread it would not appear on others.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:22 PM   #10
zelda_pinwheel

Quote:
Originally Posted by astra View Post
OK. I think I got it.

I was going through a news letter with many new threads and I was opening them all. So, all of them got the tip. Maybe if I closed it on the first thread it would not appear on others.
yes, exactly. once you close it, it doesn't come back. funny though because i never got that one, i don't think...
Old 02-28-2009, 05:41 PM   #11
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
I got the kindle arrival announcement, ticked the little box, and - like Zelda - have seen nothing since.
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 05:52 PM   #12
Wetdogeared
Storm Surge'n
Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wetdogeared ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: S0ny PRS-300/350/505/700/T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patricia View Post
I got the kindle arrival announcement, ticked the little box, and - like Zelda - have seen nothing since.
I believe this also belongs in the feedback forum, but does anyone ever look there other than the mods, and me?
Wetdogeared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 06:02 PM   #13
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wetdogeared View Post
I believe this also belongs in the feedback forum, but does anyone ever look there other than the mods, and me?
I wouldn't like to say. But the moderators and Alex, the siteowner, do look there regularly.
We can move the thread if people would prefer it in the feedback section.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:09 PM   #14
astra
The Introvert

Move it wherever it belongs. Sorry for the wrong subforum.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:12 PM   #15
Patricia
Reader

It's not actually wrong, Astra. But I'll move it so that it's more easlily found, and doesn't get swamped by later posts.

Incidentally, does anyone happen to know how I could restore the notices, should i ever get an urge to do so?