Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Related Tools

Notices

Old 02-09-2022, 01:43 PM   #1
MontyJ
Addict
MontyJ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Question Calibre-Web: Transferring User Profiles/Settings

I am trying to setup a backup version of Calibre-Web on my Linux Mint PC.

My original is setup on my QNAP NAS.

What I need to do is somehow transfer all the user profiles and settings (passwords as well) from the NAS to the PC.

It seemed that the app.db file was a simple answer, but for some reason none of the users show up; only the admin user when I run it on the PC.

My book database (setup during install) comes up ok as I have a PC copy that is the same as is on the NAS, so the books themselves are not a problem, only transferring the accounts.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Monty
MontyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 04:39 PM   #2
MontyJ
Addict
MontyJ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Well, I kept trying and finally got it to take. It appears the solution was at least partially due to having installed it first using a new admin password. I did a new install and used the old password I had used in the NAS, then copied over app.db. That took and the user logins had been preserved.

However, other items: Hot Books, shelf contents (the shelves were there but no contents), were two of the items that did not get properly carried across the transfer.
MontyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert