Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-01-2010, 10:05 PM   #1
brandy8093
Edge User

Question LCD Sceen flicker

I just got my Edge yesterday and I notice the LCD screen has a flicker to it sometimes, like the refresh rate is very slow. I also notice on the LCD that when you have a series of lines on a pop up screen, some of the lines are not straight but broken up a little.

Old 04-02-2010, 12:41 AM   #2
thefuture04
Edge User

I noticed the broken lines too, must be in the programming and could possibly be fixed with a future update

Advert
Old 04-02-2010, 10:30 AM   #3
D4N14L
Edge User

Just confirming the broken lines. Best way to see it is when you open the keyboard in horizontal mode.

Old 04-02-2010, 05:26 PM   #4
thefuture04
Edge User

Lines are also broken when trying to download attachments to add to your library (.pdf) inside of the popup boxes

Old 04-03-2010, 03:11 PM   #5
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Not only has my Edge been flickering, weird lines etc, but it is also fading out as if it is bleached (almost looks white) I sent a request for info to tech support. Plus the screen does not seem to render correctly, it looks like a piece of folded over paper at times, but only in spots.

Advert
Old 04-03-2010, 04:32 PM   #6
thefuture04
Edge User

Yea it sounds like yours isn't acting the way mine is

Old 04-03-2010, 04:53 PM   #7
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Yes defective LCD does come to mind, it acts like a bad video card or a dying TV set. But it's not consistent.

Old 04-05-2010, 03:29 PM   #8
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Just wanted to update on my LCD problem. After contacting tech support and emailing them a picture of the problem the tentative conclusion is a loose connection or cable inside. They requested I return the edge for inspection ( and are providing a shipping label), after they receive it a repair or replace decision will be made. Personally I believe a purchased item that does not work correctly should be replaced, repair should be an option for something that has been owned and used for a while. I am impressed with their quick response and feel it will be made right.

Old 04-05-2010, 03:53 PM   #9
mgm1979
Edge User

interesting...sorry you have to lose the device for a while...keep us posted though - I'm curious if this could be the first of many issues to come due to faulty assembly process or something...

Old 04-05-2010, 04:11 PM   #10
henry_moh
Edge User

I also have this problem. It seems like a software problem.

Old 04-05-2010, 04:37 PM   #11
done
Edge User

One thing you can try, is to recalibrate the LCD screen. You can do this by going into Settings and selecting the option titled "Sound and Display". Once here, at the bottom of the scree, you will have the option "LCD Screen Calibrator", select this and follow the directions given. Hopefully once you have completed this your LCD issues will be resolved.

If your problem persists, please be sure to submit a trouble ticket so that the support team can work with you to resolve these issues. Tickets can be submitted by using the following link: http://www.entourageedge.com/support...kets&_a=submit

Old 04-05-2010, 08:36 PM   #12
cheyennedonna
Edge User

Yes I am sorry to see it go, I put it on the FedEx truck at 5. I was just starting to enjoy it; and had stopped rethinking my purchase (finally). I will post the outcome as soon as I hear anything.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:06 PM   #13
dcubed2
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
I don't think I could live with my eDGe at this point...
Did you miss a "n't", Boris?

I've noticed that I'm doing that a lot... It certainly changes things.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:24 PM   #14
cheyennedonna
Edge User

I miss it already

I'm right with you there Boris, I was prepared not to like it, but now I feel like I lost my friend. This is everything I need for school and fun wrapped in one package. I may not buy that Notion Ink Adam after all.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:50 PM   #15
dcubed2
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheyennedonna View Post
I'm right with you there Boris, I was prepared not to like it, but now I feel like I lost my friend. This is everything I need for school and fun wrapped in one package. I may not buy that Notion Ink Adam after all.
You'll have to let us know when you get it back. I'm so glad that you like the eDGe this much! I also enjoy mine. I just need the images in Google book pdfs fixed and it will be just perfect for me.