Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 01-02-2011, 12:52 PM   #1
J.B.Watkins
J.B.Watkins began at the beginning.

Device: none
Motor City Shakedown (suspense)

I put my novel, Motor City Shakedown, up on Amazon and on B&N over the last week. I don't have any experience with self-promotion or marketing, and I don't want to be one of those people who create their own reviews, since it seems underhanded.

Would anyone be willing to dl the sample portion that those sites offer for free and see if this is their cup of tea? The full novel is 99 cents. Its a suspense novel set in Michigan, with a romantic subplot and a lot of sparring banter between the two lead characters, who are local defense lawyers.

Also, if anyone can offer ideas about marketing, I'm all ears. Are there sites that review ebooks? Places I can send a copy and get an honest review? Anything that doesn't involve paying for fake reviews is of interest to me.
J.B.Watkins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:08 PM   #2
Jennisis
Jennisis began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I would be interested in checking out the sample, but I just went to Amazon (I have a Kindle) and it says that the book is not currently available - either for purchase or sampling.

As for marketing, both Librarything.com and goodreads.com have author giveaways to members in exchange for reviews. You might offer up some copies there. I can't speak for everyone at those sites, but when I receive a free review copy, I always post a review on both http://www.Librarything.com, http://www.goodreads.com and Amazon.com as well as my book blog.

Unfortunately, I can't tell you how to go about listing review copies, as I have not done it, but both sites are pretty user-friendly.

You might also check out smashwords.com - for independently published ebooks. I just discovered that site, so again, I don't know much about how it works, but here's an FAQ on publishing through them: http://http://www.smashwords.com/abo..._on_smashwords
Jennisis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 08:02 PM   #3
ChupaLibro
Julio Angel Ortiz
ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChupaLibro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire
I highly recommend Zoe Winter's Smart Self-Publishing: Becoming an Indie Author, which is an outstanding read for the up-and-coming author and describes things such as marketing in a clear and concise way if you're intimidated or just don't know where to start on the subject.
ChupaLibro is offline   Reply With Quote