Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Feedback

Notices

Old 10-22-2008, 03:57 PM   #1
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505, Jetbook, + Mini, +Color, Astak Ez Reader Pro, PPW1, Aura H2O
Longer login time?

I don't know the standard logintime, but I've been on the forum while doing other things in the background, and I've so far needed to log in 3 times in like 5 hours..

Is there a way to stay logged in for the day, or maybe for at least 2 or 3 hours longer per session?

Or does the session get reset everytime I close my browser?

I'm using FireFox 3.
ProDigit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 04:11 PM   #2
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProDigit View Post
Or does the session get reset everytime I close my browser?

I'm using FireFox 3.
If you click the "remember me" when you login then it will not log you out. Unless you have your privacy settings set to delete cookies when you close firefox. From what I can tell from looking at my MR cookies the userid/password cookies are set to expire in 1 year if you do "remember me".

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 04:11 PM   #3
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Are you checking the "Keep me logged in" box? That should keep you logged in indefinitely. It does for me and I'm using FF3 as well.

The other thing to check is whether you have your browser set to allow cookies. If they're disallowed then that would account for what you're seeing.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 01:24 PM   #4
ProDigit
Karmaniac
ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProDigit ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Done that,
still facing the login issues....

It seems to happen everytime I restart the browser. FF is not set to reset the browser, but I have a gut feeling the Norton 360 has something to do with it!
I installed it about 3 weeks ago, and have nothing but strange behaviors like this on my computer.

About Norton,they where a good company. 'WHERE'. But lately.. their 2005 and 2006 anti virus and internet security products where terrible!
I had NAV 2003 for a long time,never had any major issues with it...

Norton is doing better with their latest Ghost, which seems to make up lots for what they've lost on credibility in the past 10 years.
Old 10-23-2008, 01:40 PM   #5
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
the Norton 360 has something to do with it!
I installed it about 3 weeks ago
Why would you do that?

Quote:
Norton is doing better with their latest Ghost, which seems to make up lots for what they've lost on credibility in the past 10 years.
Acronis True Image is much better product... better price to I think, yep $20 less if you buy direct from each publisher.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 04:52 PM   #6
igorsk
Wizard
igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.igorsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500/505/700, Kindle, Cybook Gen3, Words Gear
Some firewalls disable cookies and/or referrers "just in case", which breaks a lot of sites.
igorsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 10:41 AM   #7
ProDigit
Karmaniac

Well,the login issues only became worse. I just had to login 3 times in a matter of 15 minutes!
I'm using Firefox 3.. perhaps that's why?
Old 02-03-2009, 12:20 PM   #8
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Well,the login issues only became worse. I just had to login 3 times in a matter of 15 minutes!
I'm using Firefox 3.. perhaps that's why?
I don't think it is... this is the browser I am using, too. Here is how it should work: If you login without checking the "Remember Me?" box, you should stayed logged in unless you remain inactive for more than 15 minutes. After that your session will automatically expire and your user will be logged out. This is useful if you are using a public computer, for instance, and forget to manually log out. If you, on the other hand, check "Remember Me?", you shouldn't be logged out at all -- unless you have something on your computer that is deleting cookies for you. It could be a Firefox addon or a firewall (Norton?) that has the setting set to do so.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 01:35 PM   #9
ProDigit
Karmaniac

Norton is great.. but this cookie setting sucks ...
It's not only here, but on other pages as well. So I think the issue lies here with Norton indeed!

Strange it didn't used to do that 'till recently...
Old 02-13-2009, 04:15 PM   #10
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Norton is great.. but this cookie setting sucks ...
It's not only here, but on other pages as well. So I think the issue lies here with Norton indeed!

Strange it didn't used to do that 'till recently...
Perhaps you can tell Norton about safe sites. You might want to check its settings.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 05:16 PM   #11
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
I have Norton 360 on 3 computers and I don't have the log out problem on FireFox 3.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 11:03 AM   #12
ProDigit
Karmaniac

hmm.. I've found no 'cookies'-setting enabled in Norton.
Perhaps one of the plugins is causing this (I use several FF plugins).
Today they leave me logged in for about 15minutes, which is a pain,because it sometimes takes 15 minutes to read a thread.
but it's going, FF remembers mypwd/login so.... login every time goes pretty smooth.
Old 02-14-2009, 11:10 AM   #13
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
The best solution is to uninstall anything Norton and never look back.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote