Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 12-30-2012, 11:24 AM   #1
Mort1997
Wizard
Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mort1997 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony various , Voyage, Oasis, K3, K4T,Nook Glow+Kobo Aura/H2O/One
Angry Robot discount (25% until 3rd Jan)

Got this e-mail from Angry Robot the other day

'Angry Robot eBooks New Year Discount

Wow! What a year 2012 turned out to be! It's been a year of highs and even higher highs, and we're fully expecting 2013 to soar further into the stratosphere!

In celebration, and to usher in the new year we're offering 25% off all Angry Robot ebooks until January 3rd. And remember - our ebooks are DRM-free, and always have been!

To take advantage of this offer, head over to the Robot Trading Company (http://www.robottradingcompany.com/), add your chosen ebooks to your basket and enter the discount code: NY2013.

This code will work once only (so use it wisely), and will work only for Angry Robot novels and omnibuses (not subscriptions, which are already more heavily discounted). Strange Chemistry YA titles (which are currently on a Buy-One-Get-One-Free offer) are not included, not are titles we sell for other publishers.

Happy New Year from everyone at Angry Robot, and thanks for helping make 2012 such a success for us!.'

I have a subscription for their books (for the second year) and they are very good. The code is one per person as described above.

Mort1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 04:03 PM   #2
BillSmithBooks
Padawan Learner
BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BillSmithBooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: www.OutlawGalaxy.com, Foothills of NY's Adirondack mountains
Device: My PC...using Puppy Linux (FBReader, Calibre, Kindle Cloud Reader,
Signed up for an account and used the coupon, greatly appreciated!!!
BillSmithBooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:39 AM   #3
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony- T3, PRS650, 350, T1/2/3, Paperwhite, Fire 8.9,Samsung Tab S 10.5
Unhappy Mmmmmm .....

Well, I signed up, & I tried, but PayPal wouldn't accept the voucher number - and chose none of the categories they listed.
Why's that then ?
No fair .......
carpetmojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #4
jgaiser
Omnivorous
jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jgaiser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle Fire HD, Kindle 3, KPW1
Quote:
Originally Posted by carpetmojo View Post
Well, I signed up, & I tried, but PayPal wouldn't accept the voucher number - and chose none of the categories they listed.
Why's that then ?
No fair .......
Well, when you put the coupon code into the little space at the bottom of the invoice/shopping cart before you check out, and click recalculate, the discount is applied and *then* you can checkout and head over to paypal. Worked just fine for me.

Last edited by jgaiser; 01-01-2013 at 10:56 AM.
jgaiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 12:09 PM   #5
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
If it's ePub books you want you might like to check Kobo books first.

Some of their prices for Angry Robot books are cheaper than Angry's website plus you can still use the BargainMoose code today which then better's Angry's 25% off.

...be sure to compare prices because some books on Angry's site are reduced to £0.99.
mXb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 05:31 AM   #6
carpetmojo
Wizard
carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carpetmojo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Unhappy Nope ... again ....

Thanks jgaiser, but still no joy - "Please enter correct redemption code...".
Which I had done ...
Can't understand it - I'm in UK , but it's all priced up in sterling, so should be OK .
First time I've ever had any problems PayPal-wise, although it is the first time I've (tried) to use Angry Robot .......
Any one from Robot, or PayPal even, out there ?!
Old 01-02-2013, 12:11 PM   #7
mXb
Addict
mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mXb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ex-Kobo Touch-Nook Simple Touch-Kobo Mini-Retina Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by mXb View Post
If it's ePub books you want you might like to check Kobo books first.

Some of their prices for Angry Robot books are cheaper than Angry's website plus you can still use the BargainMoose code today which then better's Angry's 25% off.

...be sure to compare prices because some books on Angry's site are reduced to £0.99.

.....and now you can use VoucherCodes40 on Kobo's website.
mXb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 02:13 PM   #8
carpetmojo
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mXb View Post
.....and now you can use VoucherCodes40 on Kobo's website.
My first time on Kobo for a very long time ..... when ordering/buying and you want to buy more than one, how do you "add to basket" or "continue shopping" whatever their equivalent is ?
There doesn't seem to be a facility for this - or have I missed something really obvious ?

Probly, knowing me ....
Old 01-02-2013, 02:22 PM   #9
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
My first time on Kobo for a very long time ..... when ordering/buying and you want to buy more than one, how do you "add to basket" or "continue shopping" whatever their equivalent is ?
There doesn't seem to be a facility for this - or have I missed something really obvious ?

Probly, knowing me ....
There is no cart/basket on Kobo, you buy each book separately.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 04:49 AM   #10
LeeH
LeeH doesn't litterLeeH doesn't litter

Device: iPad
Smile

Quote:
Thanks jgaiser, but still no joy - "Please enter correct redemption code...".
Which I had done ...
Can't understand it - I'm in UK , but it's all priced up in sterling, so should be OK .
First time I've ever had any problems PayPal-wise, although it is the first time I've (tried) to use Angry Robot .......
Any one from Robot, or PayPal even, out there ?!
If you enter the code at the shopping basket (where it reads: Coupon / Voucher) and then hit "Update Basket" the discount will be applied. This only works for books published by Angry Robot, and not for books by other publishers/imprints. This must be done before you get to the PayPal site.

Hope that helps!
LeeH is offline   Reply With Quote