Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 06-07-2010, 03:25 PM   #1
casualt
Edge User

Lightbulb "Large Journals" annoyances...

Ok,

A few issues to report here and hopefully I am not rehashing what has been said before....

When a journal becomes some magical size the auto-save feature kicks in a nice message that says something along the lines of "Large files may take a minute to save".

1. I don't even a months worth of class notes in the file (~50 pages)...and it is already considered large?!
2. I am in the middle of writing notes in class...THIS MSG IS REALLY ANNOYING...I can't see what I am writing...there should be some way to not have the msg come up.
3. I have only changed a tiny portion of the file (aka the last couple pages, if that)....there is no reason that the size of the entire file should affect my save time. Append the new content to the existing file, and leave the slow stuff (optimize/compress/process) till later.

4. Related to this is that when loading large journal files, for the first time, the entire ereader page does not load correctly (ie. missing the bottom bar with the page controls)...I am forced to click the refresh button to get it to all display properly.

ok, that is it.

- TK -

Old 06-07-2010, 03:31 PM   #2
walt526
Edge User

If I wind up using the eDGe to take notes (still not sure if the juice is worth the squeeze, as it were), what I'm planning on doing is just save each day's notes as an individual file. And then on my PC, create a "master" file of notes by combining those PDFs into a single file (or perhaps organized by exams). But since the PDFs are image files (i.e., not searchable), having a several hundred page tome of notes wouldn't seem to be very helpful.

Old 06-07-2010, 05:12 PM   #3
ericvh
Edge User

I take notes daily and group export them weekly (or monthly) to my desktop where I have a script which consolidates them back into large journals (with each day tab-tagged with the original days' file name) and I then re-export to PDF. A little tedious, but mostly automated at this point. I may write an android app to try and do it natively on the device which would make it much more convenient.

Old 06-26-2010, 03:08 AM   #4
rushkk
Edge User

would you please tell me how to save journal and where it was stored.
Thank

Old 06-26-2010, 03:34 AM   #5
walt526
Edge User

On the eDGE:
- Click on Help (probably on Home unless you deleted it--if so, you can find it in Applications)
- Click on "Journal Help"
- Scroll down and read the entries under "Save" and "PDF export" (this will explain how to add it to your library or send the attachment via email)

In addition: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3M0S6...rom=PL&index=9

Old 06-26-2010, 12:31 PM   #6
aidren
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericvh View Post
I take notes daily and group export them weekly (or monthly) to my desktop where I have a script which consolidates them back into large journals (with each day tab-tagged with the original days' file name) and I then re-export to PDF. A little tedious, but mostly automated at this point. I may write an android app to try and do it natively on the device which would make it much more convenient.
I think this is an idea that many would be interested in, including myself.

Old 06-27-2010, 03:10 PM   #7
Eddy R
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by aidren View Post
I think this is an idea that many would be interested in, including myself.
....could not survive with out journal now. ++1