Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-23-2011, 09:34 AM   #1
desaderal
Banned
desaderal began at the beginning.

Device: nook
Thumbs up New Joke eBook Editions poke fun at Aussies, Canadian, Brits and South Africans

Open Mike Press is pleased to announce the ebook publication of “1001 Internet Jokes II “ with five new editions. The new editions are: “1001 Internet Jokes II - Gay and Lesbian Edition, “1001 Internet Jokes II - Travel Edition”, “1001 Internet Jokes II - Canadian Edition”, “1001 Internet Jokes II - Australian Edition”, “1001 Internet Jokes II - UK Edition”, “1001 Internet Jokes II - South African Edition”.

Being one of the first internet joke books to be published, 1001 Internet Jokes” pioneered a new era for internet humour.

“I am pleased with the success of the original print book, “ says 1001 Internet Jokes II US based editor David Moishe Schwab, “and I hope for the continued success of the “1001 Internet Jokes II “ in ebook format.”

Open Mic Press is an ebook publisher with a focus on promoting comics, joke books and general humour publications.

The book is available in ebook MOBILE format for the Kindle eReader (www.amazon.ca), the Nook eReader (www.barnesandnoble.com), Kobo eReader (www.kobo.com).
desaderal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 04:31 PM   #2
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
There's something critical missing here:

Where does one get the book?

There's also no real clue what formats it's available in, though one can guess that "MOBILE" means "pdf" because that is, I think, the only format aside from plain text that can be read by all three of the listed readers ... but specifying which would help. And I suppose links to readers other than their own might be handy for people who want to buy a different one (though the Canadian site for Amazon seems a bit wierd). But ... what about the BOOK?

In short, if I wanted to buy this book (these five books? it's a bit unclear) or even find out if it (they?) was in a format I prefer (epub), where would I go?
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2011, 01:55 AM   #3
desaderal
Banned

it's on kobo, kindle and nook. kobo has an app and pdf format.

does that help?
it's available on amazon (us and uk), borders (us and australia) and www.indigo.ca (canada)
Old 02-25-2011, 02:27 AM   #4
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What formats is it available in? Just pdf?

Is it DRM-locked?
Old 02-25-2011, 02:44 PM   #5
desaderal
Banned

epub and pdf formats.
Yes, it's DRM locked
Old 02-25-2011, 11:09 PM   #6
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by desaderal View Post
epub and pdf formats.
Yes, it's DRM locked
Thank you.

It was like pulling teeth to find this out. My own teeth.

I buy epubs, but nothing, ever, with DRM. Oh, well. But at least now I know. One helpful hint for the future, though: telling people this upfront, instead of making them jump though this many hoops to find out something as simple as what formats an ebook is available in, would help your sales. Most people look once and move on, and never even ask, let alone fight for every inch of the answer.
Old 02-26-2011, 02:07 AM   #7
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Worldwalker is doing you a favour, desaderal. You might like to thank him with Karma.

Regards, Alex
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2011, 10:36 AM   #8
desaderal
Banned

Hi Alex,
Thanks for letting me know. I added karma to him. I'm new. So, I'm learning everyday here.

Tags
ebook, humor, internet, mobile