Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-31-2012, 06:56 PM   #22756
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
May the good Lord be with you
Down every road that you roam
And may sunshine and happiness
Surround you when you're far from home
And may you grow to be proud, dignified and true
And do unto others as you'd have done to you

Be courageous and be brave
And in my heart you'll always stay
Forever young, forever young
Forever young, forever young

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGEe_zpddNI )

Good morning, everyone! Happy 2013!
It's a bright, glorious morning. Wonderful way to begin the new year, and I'm drinking a cup of Taylors of Harrogate's "Yorkshire" tea to celebrate it. Just some rice and miso soup right now, pampering my stomach so I can abuse it later. But the scale was my good friend this morning, albeit thanks to the G.I. Blues yesterday and last night. Still, in all, today is a very good beginning to what will be a very good year!
Happy New Year!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 07:59 PM   #22757
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Happy New year all! I am finally home after 1000's of miles logged on our Christmas 2012 vacation. Time to make a mocha a curl up some place with a nook.
VydorScope is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-31-2012, 08:01 PM   #22758
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Happy New Year to you all. Just finishing a bud then I'm off to bed. Nighty night.
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 02:06 AM   #22759
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
Found a huge box of tea from Gong Fu waiting for me. Drinking some Bossa Nova and relaxing.
How exciting to have a great big package of tea waiting!

We went across the street and spent the evening with friends. Of course we're all old fogies so we weren't about to stay up for midnight. But we had a very nice La Frenze Chardonnay, and some excellent nibbles.

Happy New Year, all!
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 05:46 AM   #22760
amward
Wizard
amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.amward ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Eco Eclipse, Sony PRS 350 (pink), Ipod Touch, Kindle Touch
Champagne in my glass in memory of a dear friend who died today in Germany where he was on holiday. He was a lovely kind gentle man who will be missed by many.

Happy new year to all.
amward is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2013, 06:27 AM   #22761
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Sorry for your loss, Anne. May the rest of your year be brighter.

I'm drinking another cup of chai. There is a real downside to my eating habits of the past few months... Today we made a real Indian feast for ourselves... and could only eat a small amount of it! We filled our bowls and plates as we 'normally' would have in the past, and began to eat. Absolutely delicious, and we were in heaven... until I looked up and saw the expression on my wife's face, and she saw mine... We were about to burst, yet had hardly begun to make a dent in the food! We had a plate piled with small Nan, and half a bowl of raita, half a bowl of Rogan Josh, several skewers of shish kebob, some samosas, all just staring at us, and we couldn't eat another bite. Oh well... tomorrow is another day!

Stitchawl
Old 01-01-2013, 07:49 AM   #22762
VydorScope
Wizard
VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.VydorScope ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amward View Post
Champagne in my glass in memory of a dear friend who died today in Germany where he was on holiday. He was a lovely kind gentle man who will be missed by many.

Sorry for your loss
Old 01-01-2013, 08:14 AM   #22763
orlok
Close to the Edit!
orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.orlok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Amazon Fire 8", Kindle 6"
Quote:

Happy new year to all.
Sorry to hear it. Hope it was a peaceful passing.

Stitchawl - send it my way. Haven't had a decent Indian meal in ages. Can you do same day delivery from Japan?
orlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:29 AM   #22764
VydorScope
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Stitchawl - send it my way. Haven't had a decent Indian meal in ages. Can you do same day delivery from Japan?
If he works the time zones right, he might actually be able to pull that off.
Old 01-01-2013, 08:41 AM   #22765
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Iced water in my cup.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:49 AM   #22766
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Quote:

Happy new year to all.
I am sorry Anne.

I just had a Naked Green Machine. I am getting ready to make some tea. Lucas is practicing his planks in front of me. Not a bad start to the New Year.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 08:51 AM   #22767
goldshirt9
Nameless Being

coffee is my poison at the moment, too much ale at a new year eve's party last night to comtemplate alcohol
Old 01-01-2013, 09:10 AM   #22768
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlok View Post
Better than that! What with the time zone differences, I can actually get it to you the day before we send it!

... finishing the evening with a glass of Bombay Sapphire!

Stitchawl
Old 01-01-2013, 09:21 AM   #22769
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Heading out to work now [New Year's Day is a holiday for everyone except those who manage computer networks] - with my first Pepsi One of the day .... ahh ... caffeine .... how could IT survive without caffeine ...
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 09:31 AM   #22770
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
how could IT survive without caffeine ...
We shall see! No caffeine for me this January!
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?