Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-10-2011, 12:06 PM   #1
Fishy1
Fishy1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Calibre and Touch Not Connecting

Got my new Touch this morning but unable to get calibre to find it. Tried a re-install of Calibre but no joy. Am I the only one to have this issue or is it Calibre bug?
Fishy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:21 PM   #2
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
Not a bug. Calibre has to be updated in order to see this new model. See this thread:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=138470
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2011, 12:37 PM   #3
Fishy1

Nope, not the problem. I have 0.8.4 and just re-installed it to be sure. Still won't recognize Touch. Side loading works.
Old 06-10-2011, 12:39 PM   #4
Mostly Math
Groupie
Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Mostly Math ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo (loaned out), KoboTouch (given away), KoboVox, KoboGlo, AuraHD
Doesn't recognize my touch either (and just updated to latest version). I am sure it will be fixed soon.
Mostly Math is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 12:41 PM   #5
viviena
Evangelist
viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.viviena ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Currently Kobo Clara HD and Aura One, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy1 View Post
Nope, not the problem. I have 0.8.4 and just re-installed it to be sure. Still won't recognize Touch. Side loading works.
Sorry, let me clarify. Kovid, the creator of Calibre, has to update Calibre to a new version. When that happens, the Touch will probably be recognised then, as it seems a KT user has already sent in all the necessary info for Kovid to make Calibre recognise the KT.
viviena is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-10-2011, 03:02 PM   #6
46jimbo
Zealot
46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.46jimbo is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: Kobo Touch + Kobo Aura
Version 0.8.5 now recognizes the KT!

(I hope you guys think to send Kovid a donation now and then.)
46jimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:02 PM   #7
siraks
use the force
siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.siraks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Lenovo K1
there is a new version out 0.8.5 as located in the thread in post #2. Kovid posted there as well confirming it.
siraks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 03:08 PM   #8
SameerH
Product Manager
SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SameerH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O
This is mostly my fault. I'm supposed to get Tim a unit to work with but haven't been able to get my act together. This is being remedied as we speak.

Sorry for the delays everyone.
SameerH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 10:36 PM   #9
Fishy1

Yup Yup, working fine now! Thanks Calibre, time to donate again.
Old 06-10-2011, 11:25 PM   #10
wes101
Zealot
wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'wes101 understands when you whisper 'The dog barks at midnight.'

Device: Kobo touch
Whew, im getting mine tommarrow, if my local chapters has them in stock
wes101 is offline   Reply With Quote