Notices

Old Yesterday, 07:44 PM   #1
eliteart
eliteart began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
[Editor Plugin] Bulk Image Resizer Plugin

Bulk Image Resizer Plugin

Description
The plugin boasts an aggressive image size reduction feature that, in rare cases, can shrink images by a factor of 8.

Adjustments are made discriminately, optimizing larger images while maintaining the integrity of smaller ones, as the conversion process is exclusively applied to images surpassing the predefined maximum resolution threshold on their shorter side.

Key features include:
- Effortless image resizing
- Optional adjustment of image quality
- Optional conversion to WebP format (Note: this WebP may not display correctly on some devices - including Kindle Paperwhite IV)

Version History & Issues: Github.
Attached Files
File Type: zip bulk-img-resizer.zip (8.6 KB, 4 views)
eliteart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:42 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
As far as WebP images and ePub ebooks go, until ePub3.3, WebP images were not part of the ePub standard's core media types and very few ePub renderers(*) that I have tested will display them. I also played with WebP images and Send to Kindle and again, the images did not display unless I wanted to see the camera with a exclamation mark in a triangle error indicator.

* The three renderers that worked were the ones used by Thorium, Sigil (epub editor) preview and calibre's ebook-editor preview. All three are browser based. When testing with Sigil, I also have the BibiReader, EpubJSReader and RadiumReader output plugins installed and the BibiReader plugin did not display the images.

None of my eInk devices showed the images.

Last edited by DNSB; Today at 12:30 AM. Reason: Corrected that WebP images were added to core image types in the ePub 3.3. standard
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 05:40 AM   #3
eliteart
eliteart began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
As far as WebP images and ePub ebooks go, until ePub3.3, WebP images were not part of the ePub standard's core media types

Initially I thought my conversion was broken in some way, but after double checking it my next guess was on the device itself.

It's probably good idea to extend this info to the plugin GUI
eliteart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:39 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
I do think it would be a good idea to change the conversion to WebP and make it a conversion from Webp.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote