Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-23-2010, 06:54 PM   #1
recce101
recce101 is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony prs300
Calibre and public library downloads

If public library books are downloaded into Adobe Digital Editions, can calibre be used to transfer them to the Sony PRS-300, bypassing the Sony Reader Library software?
recce101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 07:37 PM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by recce101 View Post
If public library books are downloaded into Adobe Digital Editions, can calibre be used to transfer them to the Sony PRS-300, bypassing the Sony Reader Library software?
Yes, just grab the ePub from the My Digital Editions folder drag/add it to Calibre like any other book.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-24-2010, 02:03 PM   #3
recce101
recce101 is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony prs300
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwanthny View Post
Yes, just grab the ePub from the My Digital Editions folder drag/add it to Calibre like any other book.
The only thing is, when I try to access the book in the PRS-300, I get a "protected page" error. This doesn't happen when I import the same EPUB file from the My Digital Editions folder into Reader Library and transfer from there...
recce101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 11:47 PM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by recce101 View Post
The only thing is, when I try to access the book in the PRS-300, I get a "protected page" error. This doesn't happen when I import the same EPUB file from the My Digital Editions folder into Reader Library and transfer from there...
I think this is caused by adding the .ascm file to Calibre instead of the .ePub file. I have added drm epubs from Sony's library to Calibre with success so it should work.

If you figure out why it's not working let us know.

Good Luck
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote