Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 12-17-2013, 01:02 PM   #1
dchagnon
dchagnon began at the beginning.

Device: none
Installing Calibre on Headless Linux

Hi,

I am attempting to install calibre on a headless linux server and saw a few other posts with people trying the same.

I am getting this error when I try and run ebook-convert:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site.py", line 55, in main
File "site.py", line 41, in set_qt_plugin_path
ImportError: cannot import name QCoreApplication

Others have seen the same and it was mentioned that Qt4.8+ needs to be installed which I believe I did:

# qmake --version
QMake version 2.01a
Using Qt version 4.8.5 in /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.8.5/lib

Have others been able to get this to work and could provide some guidance?

thanks
dchagnon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:37 PM   #2
aleyx
Addict
aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.aleyx can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Cybook Diva
What distro are you using?

EDIT: also, while I'm not sure what's in /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.8.5/lib, maybe it's something that should appear in ldconfig -p. If it's not, maybe that's why Calibre doesn't find the necessary classes?

Last edited by aleyx; 12-17-2013 at 01:39 PM.
aleyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-17-2013, 01:41 PM   #3
RodMyers
Enthusiast
RodMyers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RodMyers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RodMyers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RodMyers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RodMyers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RodMyers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RodMyers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RodMyers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RodMyers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RodMyers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RodMyers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PocketBook Lux 5
Not a headless server, but.

I remote access from laptop to "server" using as all of the time.

Not sure that helps you though
RodMyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 04:18 PM   #4
dchagnon
dchagnon began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleyx View Post
What distro are you using?

EDIT: also, while I'm not sure what's in /usr/local/Trolltech/Qt-4.8.5/lib, maybe it's something that should appear in ldconfig -p. If it's not, maybe that's why Calibre doesn't find the necessary classes?
I am on CentOS 5.6.

Did a little more digging and it appears I need to update my glibc. I need 2.10 and have 2.5.
dchagnon is offline   Reply With Quote