Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Self-Promotions by Authors and Publishers

Notices

Old 02-26-2013, 11:24 AM   #1066
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
I sat down to write a story last week and realized I didn't know how to start it. After a couple of days, I figured it out. I wrote it down in a blog post so I wouldn't forget it.

http://ryallon.blogspot.com/2013/02/...art-story.html

Last edited by John Carroll; 02-26-2013 at 11:24 AM. Reason: added spacing
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 11:43 AM   #1067
typatterson67
typatterson67 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad Mini
Hi,

i have submitted my thriller for review via email and via your site.

hopefully it will get reviewed by your review site.

thks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillPottle View Post
I am part of a review site at www.rockymountainreviews.com We have about a dozen reviewers and will work with traditional and pod books as well as ebooks.
typatterson67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:47 PM   #1068
Domokos
Rita Y. Toews
Domokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it is

Device: Sony and Hiebook
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWatkinsNash View Post
The site hosting and primary contact (for the site and contest entries) are both in Canada.

The devices are provided by Eink, which is based in Taiwan & US, but they aren't otherwise directly involved in these two contests as far as I can tell.

So my guess is that the people involved just aren't aware of the legalities involved in such giveaways, especially one that is international.
Very true. I've been doing this many, many years and the problem has never come up before. Last year someone in Denmark (I seem to remember) won and it was shipped there to him.

So, I guess I have to go put all the legal jargon on the site - if I can find it.
Domokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 05:51 PM   #1069
Domokos
Rita Y. Toews
Domokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it isDomokos knows what time it is

Device: Sony and Hiebook
Read an E-Book Week Brazil

1st Brazilian Read an Ebook Week mobilizes publishers and booksellers

Beginning Sunday, March 3rd, readers across Brazil will have one more reason to enjoy digital books - a reason they feel in their pockets. Booksellers, publishers and authors will promote the 1st "Semana do Livro Digital", the Brazilian version of Read an Ebook Week, a traditional online event running since 2004.

Brazlian Read an E-Book Week will offer thousands of free or discounted ebooks, from March 3rd to 9th. Well-known names in the local publishing market, such as Livraria Cultura (Kobo partner), Zahar, FGV and Summus, among dozens of other publishers and independent authors, join the week. All promotions will be focused on the website semanadolivrodigital.com.br, from 0h01 on Sunday. The site will function as an online "book fair", in which readers will be able to navigate through promotions, depending on the type - discounts, free books, or directly search for bookstores or publishers of choice.

The first Brazilian Read an E-Book Week is promoted by Simplíssimo (which means "very very simple"), a company specialized in digital books services, and the ebook news magazine Revolução eBook.

The Read an E-Book Week blog in Greece has also been launched at: http://www.eanagnostis.gr/2013/02/eb...mada-2013.html
Domokos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 06:04 PM   #1070
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domokos View Post
Very true. I've been doing this many, many years and the problem has never come up before. Last year someone in Denmark (I seem to remember) won and it was shipped there to him.

So, I guess I have to go put all the legal jargon on the site - if I can find it.
Since Eink is providing the devices, and since they are international and are having their own giveaways, do you have a contact there that can fill you in on how they make sure theirs are in compliance? Maybe they can link you to their contest rules and such.

It's usually boilerplate stuff. Age requirements, eligibility or restrictions (ie, location restrictions or "employees of Company X are not eligible" and the like), contest dates, how one can receive a copy of results, and probably a few other important things I'm forgetting.

Oh, also privacy stuff - how you will or won't use the information entrants / winners provide for the contest.
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 08:00 PM   #1071
John Carroll
kookoo
John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John Carroll ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Nook, LG4
I did a tutorial on how to add a Table of Contents for Amazon. It starts with the Word File, edits the html, and then converts it using Mobipocket. It's only one way to do it, and not necessarily the best, but it does work.

http://ryallon.blogspot.com/2013/02/...or-amazon.html
John Carroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 02:34 PM   #1072
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle Paperwhite, B&N Nook Colro
Just 1 day and 9 hours left!! Get in and try and win!

Come on and get ya some!

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/5-ama...card-giveaway/
jhempel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 04:54 AM   #1073
jhempel24
Wizard
jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhempel24 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Flash Friday today is the new short story by Chuck Palahniuk, Phoenix. I don't think I've ever hated characters more, but wow this was good!

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/flash...uck-palahniuk/
Old 03-01-2013, 07:12 AM   #1074
SidneyW
Zealot
SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SidneyW ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Now is a great time to check out my blog. I'm participating in The Next Big Thing Blog Hop.
SidneyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 08:37 AM   #1075
Terry Odell
Terry Odell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terry Odell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terry Odell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terry Odell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terry Odell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terry Odell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terry Odell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terry Odell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terry Odell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terry Odell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terry Odell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NOOKcolor
Booklover's Bench: New Website for Readers

I've teamed up with a group of authors to create a new website, Booklover's Bench. Each month we hold contests for readers. Our launch prize was a Nook Simple Touch and 5 ebooks.

For March, we're giving away a $50 gift card and another 5 e-books. Contest runs March 4th - 17th.

Check out and bookmark the site--you'll never know when we'll add something new!

http://bookloversbench.com
Terry Odell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:02 AM   #1076
bmcox
Connoisseur
bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bmcox ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: None
Rats Can Mind Meld, so Here's a Free Story.
bmcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 02:29 PM   #1077
jhempel24
Wizard

Man, Palahniuk has some crazy followers, he re-tweeted this review and I quadrupled my views in an hour!

http://topoftheheapreviews.com/flash...uck-palahniuk/
Old 03-01-2013, 03:12 PM   #1078
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmcox View Post
That's a wonderful little tale about a future that, while it may not be right around the corner, is certainly inevitable if science continues to progress.

As for the mind-melding rats, there's an interesting article in Nature. This technology is nothing short of astounding. Neuroscientist Miguel Nicolelis calls it the first step towards constructing an organic computer that uses networks of linked animal brains. Perhaps an electronic network of human brains is not so far away.

Last edited by WT Sharpe; 03-01-2013 at 03:15 PM. Reason: Enhance readability.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #1079
Brad Chambers
Enthusiast
Brad Chambers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brad Chambers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brad Chambers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brad Chambers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brad Chambers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brad Chambers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brad Chambers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brad Chambers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brad Chambers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brad Chambers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Brad Chambers ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
There is a new post on my blog about my latest book and what is coming soon.
Brad Chambers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2013, 01:39 AM   #1080
Smashwords
Connoisseur
Smashwords ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smashwords ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smashwords ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smashwords ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smashwords ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smashwords ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smashwords ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smashwords ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smashwords ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smashwords ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Smashwords ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone
Authors: Read an Ebook Week kicks off Sunday

Read an Ebook Week kicks off this Sunday. At Smashwords, we'll be operating our regular massive RAEW catalog. Authors can enroll at 25%-off, 50%-off, 75%-off, or 100%-off.

More at http://blog.smashwords.com/2013/03/r...mashwords.html

or enroll your books here: https://www.smashwords.com/dashboard/sitewidePromos

Visit the official Read an Ebook Week site for more information: http://www.ebookweek.com/
Smashwords is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
100-words, acupuncture, altsheler, amazon, anthology, apple, apple ibookstore, auotbiography famous, author promotion, authors, automated processing, automatic conversion, bible, blog, blogs, book club, book reviewers, book tour, books, bookscanner, calibre, camera, charity, cheap ebooks, chinese medicine, christmas, contest, creative commons, creepy, crime, crime fiction, crowdfunding, deals, deskew, devotional, digitize, discount, drabble, e-book week, e-books, ebook, ebook conversion, ebooks, encouragement, epic kindle giveaway, epub, epub fire, epub kindle fire, epub3, ereader apps, exchange, fantasy ebooks, fiction authors, followers, forecast, foreign markets, formatting, free, free books, free e-books, free e-reader, free ebooks, free kindle books, free kindle fire, freeebooks, giveaway, giveaways, horror, horror ebook, ibooks, ibookstore, idevices, indie, indie author, indies, inscriptions, inspiration, inspirational, international, interview, japan, kindle, kindle fire, libraries, library rental, marketing, martial arts, marvin, micro fiction, murder mystery, new crime novel, no drm, opds, parsina press, pdf, prague, prayer, promote, promotion, promotions, publishing, rdlecoeur, read an ebook week, reader, reading list, review, reviewers, richard stephenson, rita toews, rss, sale, scary stories, science fiction, science fiction ebooks, self-publishing, serial mystery, short stories, smashwords, stephen goldin, steven lyle jordan, story, storybundle, submissions, suspense, thriller, tips, tools, translation, translators, unwarp, weather, web, website, writer, writers, writing