Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-14-2007, 02:29 PM   #61
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
That is soo much easier than what my wife went though. I was curious about the 158 bucks they chgarged me so called sony.. Long story short... Cancelled my order (The 159 dollar mistake charge) since they hadn't shipped it yet. Then I called Chase and confirmed my card balance was zero. Went to Sonyrewards and ordered the reader using the steps outlined above.. Got it for 59.24.. POC!
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 05:55 PM   #62
Lov2Read
Book Connoisseur
Lov2Read is on a distinguished road

Device: Sony Reader 505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy White View Post
Cancelled my order (The 159 dollar mistake charge) since they hadn't shipped it yet.
You originally ordered it on the 10th and by the 14th, they still hadn't shipped it? Why is it taking so long to ship them out?

I am impatient, mostly because I want the free books offer if activated by the 31st. It needs to get here by then!

And of course, it is a new gadget. New gadgets are always fun!
Lov2Read is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2007, 06:44 PM   #63
Foxymoron
Foxymoron began at the beginning.

Device: Sony EReader, Ebookwise
Hi, I'm just chiming in with another successful order experience. I must have gotten a case of the stupids, because I provided a different e-mail for sign in than I had used for the credit card. So hence, it was not just $59.

Keyboard, apply directly to forehead. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/ima...add1/smack.gif

Yayyy, I can't wait until it comes in.
Foxymoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 08:24 PM   #64
rwsimon
Connoisseur
rwsimon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rwsimon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.rwsimon has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: 2 Sony PRS-500s, iPad
Has anybody who has ordered the Reader via the $50 deal discovered if one can pay for expedited shipping or is this not an option?
rwsimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2007, 10:18 PM   #65
Lov2Read
Book Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwsimon View Post
Has anybody who has ordered the Reader via the $50 deal discovered if one can pay for expedited shipping or is this not an option?
I wasn't given an option on shipping when I checked out. The shipping charged was just added on. I don't even know if it is coming USPS, FEDEX, or UPS. I only know that I will receive another e-mail when it is shipped.
Advert
Old 07-15-2007, 02:46 AM   #66
Roy White
Evangelist
Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.Roy White knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Sony Reader
Foxymoron. You really should call Sony and get ahold of an operator. They will fix it for you as long as you can catch it before it gets shipped. I cancelled my wifes 159 dollar order and redid it.. Got it for 59...
Roy White is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 08:17 AM   #67
Foxymoron

Cool

Hi Roy,

I apologize that I wasn't clear in my post, but I did eventually get things worked out. I did indeed get it for $50.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:50 PM   #68
aagstn
Evangelist
aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aagstn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3, iPad mini 2
It has been a week and still nothing. I called, but all it shows if pending. That doesn't sound good. A friend of mine signed up, but already got a denial letter. At this point even if I get it it looks like I have no chance to get it in time for the $50 book credit.
aagstn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 03:47 PM   #69
beowulf573
Addict
beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.beowulf573 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: PRS-T1
Was is a denial for the credit card or denial for the $50 special? I unfortunately just read about the deal today, I went ahead and signed up for the card, we'll see what happens.

I imagine I won't be able to complete it, if at all, before the book credit runs out, however I'm not overly concerned about it, most of the books I want to use are public domain anyway.

Last edited by beowulf573; 07-15-2007 at 04:28 PM.
beowulf573 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 04:16 PM   #70
coleman
Connoisseur
coleman began at the beginning.

Device: Android tablets and phones, Windows tablet, Kobo Aura One
I'm unclear on something, does the deal on the Reader run out at the end of the month, or just the book credit?
Thanks!
coleman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 04:19 PM   #71
Lov2Read
Book Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by coleman View Post
I'm unclear on something, does the deal on the Reader run out at the end of the month, or just the book credit?
Thanks!
Just the book credit. The Reader deal for $50.00 is good through January 2008.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:42 PM   #72
imaredr
Collector
imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.imaredr ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snassek View Post
I also just received my card and after being walked through the website, here is the process for getting the reader.

1. Sign up for the Sony Rewards website. You get 25 points for signing up.
2. Add something to your wish list. You get 50 points for creating a wish list.
3. Add the Sony Reader to your shopping cart. It is 16000 points, but after it is added to your cart, with discount, it lists in the cart for 5999 points.
4. Proceed to checkout.
5. Review your order. It subtracts your 75 points from the 5999 points so you still need 5924 points.
6. Click on the Buy Points button towards the bottom of the page. They are $.01 each. It will then ask for a credit card information.
7. Confirm your order.

The total price is $59.24 which has shipping included.
Thanks! Your step-by-step instructions are on point.
I was able to complete purchase quickly and painlessly.

Ellen
imaredr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 09:02 PM   #73
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
Does anyone have any more intelligence regarding the shipping method, lag time, &tc? Roy, you are in the vanguard here, and I hope to hear something.

I will most likely call Chase/SONY Rewards tonight; if I learn anything, will post the information
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2007, 10:05 PM   #74
Foxymoron

Cthulhu,

As far as I remember, I was not given any choice to change the shipping method. Also, I had a very positive experience with the lady I contacted from Sony who got me through my bone-headed mistake.
Old 07-15-2007, 10:50 PM   #75
Cthulhu
Technologist
Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cthulhu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SONY Reader PRS-500
Wink

Direct from an addled SONY Rewards Customer Service Representative (they seem as confused by the offer as we are):

Rewards Readers will be shipped in 3 to 5 business days via FedEX, and will arrive within 1 to 2 weeks.

When I pointed out that, should my reader take the total time mentioned, I would not be eligible for the super $149 credit, the Rep said, referencing an e.mail, that I should indeed receive it, and that for further info visit ebooks.connect.com.
The website offers no further illimination of and offer extension, though considering they continually offer a $50 credit, should I come in late with my registration, I simply plan to complain vociferously until I get my free files.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote