Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 09-08-2012, 03:37 AM   #1
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony 650 ,T2, samsung 7.7, ipad2, ipad mini2, yotaphone2, galax tab s2
List of features to be implemented

Ciao guys,
Competition is becoming harsh, looks confirmed e reader is not a niche

I would put in this post a couple of functionalities i would like to see to make t2 competitive and give to the development and sony mktg team our hints:

(why not a cumulative post?)

At the moment I would expect:

A better home page: want shortcuts for collections, evernote or whatever one needs and personalize the home page with my preferences. E reader are slower than droid phones, so why not help with shortcuts instead of frustrating menu?

Definetely i want not back port the sw to t1, Sony did not have to do the same hw, but please it is also important we support them with our trust and money, next model will be cheaper and improved, but one houndread bucks we can afford if t2 will be thousands times better

Android, I do not want to lose guarantee, risk to brick my e reader, please official update
trocchietto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 06:39 PM   #2
trocchietto
Addict
trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.trocchietto ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Still. I cannot download Web pages with the browser:download unsuccessful warning. Please fix this
Old 09-15-2012, 07:18 PM   #3
trocchietto
Addict

Have to add another issue,
From android i use evernote to send the Web pages on the t2,sometimes it works others I cannot go further the first Page despite the indicator show for instance 1 of 11 pages
Old 09-19-2012, 10:47 PM   #4
AprilHare
Wizard
AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AprilHare ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-T2
If we're listing features, how about WPA2 Enterprise? It's annoying to not be able to connect to Wi-Fi publically at university.
AprilHare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 01:12 AM   #5
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
File explorer like selection of ebook. Or sub-collections and sub- sub-collections within collections. Anyway a tree structure book selection.
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 09:35 AM   #6
trocchietto
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by adbosch View Post
File explorer like selection of ebook. Or sub-collections and sub- sub-collections within collections. Anyway a tree structure book selection.
Looks genial, but what about the overlapping of the collections?I mean I have some book that are in both Esoterism, Teology and More_read
at the moment we can always do something like writing a collection like Finance_Mktg_Kotler Garden_Roses_Maintenance , in the end instead to click on FInance then Mktg then Kotler you can just press the pen on the the arrow to move them in alphabetical order with a format xx_xx_xx, what it looks also interesting is a shortcut on the main screen in my advise kind of android 3 scrollable screen where to insert link to collections, books, evernote etc
Personally I do something like Finance and Finance1 where I store the ones I am reading more so that I can always easily pick up as reference some other books to check a formula or a specific argument on the road/bar

Last edited by trocchietto; 09-20-2012 at 09:38 AM.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:28 AM   #7
trocchietto
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by trocchietto View Post
Still. I cannot download Web pages with the browser:download unsuccessful warning. Please fix this
Just discovered that it not an existing feature downloading the pages from the browser, this could be a nice feature, usually I use android and from evernote send to the reader the pages I want to read(sometimes there are limitations in the number of character can be sent), but my point is since I cannot use the dictionary from the browser inbuilted there is a way to save the web pages so that I can spare the wifi, I can collect the articles on the web I like, and also I can use the dictionary?
Old 10-02-2012, 11:07 AM   #8
Sukiyaki
Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T-2, Nook HD+
I'd like to change the homepage to be able to have recently read for all the book covers instead of newly added.
Sukiyaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 12:19 PM   #9
adbosch
Addict
adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.adbosch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma; Pocketbook Color 633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
I'd like to change the homepage to be able to have recently read for all the book covers instead of newly added.
Did you try this: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=153444
Works very well on my T2.
adbosch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:07 PM   #10
trocchietto
Addict

Quote:
Ciao Adhosch, do you guess it is a lot of work to bring the prs+ chess on my t2?
I know you proposed something different, but just as to hear an advice.
Old 10-02-2012, 01:09 PM   #11
trocchietto
Addict

Quote:
Ciao Adhosch, do you guess it is a lot of work to bring the prs+ chess on my t2?

edit
noticed is fanta science
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=177694
Old 10-02-2012, 02:24 PM   #12
Sukiyaki
Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sukiyaki ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanx for this. I didn't know there were any hacks that worked on the t2. I'm a little reluctant to make any changes just yet, but it's good to know there is a fix.
Old 10-14-2012, 05:11 PM   #13
Sukiyaki

I'd also like the ability to lock individual collections without having to lock the entire ereader.
Old 10-16-2012, 12:43 PM   #14
ebmr
Zealot
ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.ebmr is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: none
Although it probably doesn't make any difference mentioning it here, there should be a full screen refresh when a book is opened for reading. There is no ghosting while reading, but when opening a book there still is ghosting from the home screen (menus and such) until the first full refresh happens.
ebmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 04:29 AM   #15
trocchietto
Addict

more frequent updates!