Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 02-06-2012, 02:15 AM   #1
Tomsk
Womble
Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KFHDX8.9, Fujitsu S1300, Voyage, K7
5GB free on Dropbox

I know a some you use dropbox to 'sync' your elibraries between devices, so an extra 5GB might be useful.

http://forums.dropbox.com/topic.php?id=53104
Tomsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 03:32 AM   #2
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomsk View Post
I know a some you use dropbox to 'sync' your elibraries between devices, so an extra 5GB might be useful.

http://forums.dropbox.com/topic.php?id=53104
But...you have to use up all the "extra" space uploading pics and videos, if I read it right. I can't imagine coming up with a single 500 MG of pictures, let alone 5 GB worth.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:34 AM   #3
Blue Tyson
Blue Captain
Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue Tyson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard 3G,Huawei Ideos X3,Kobo Mini
Few thousand book covers would do that pretty nicely.
Blue Tyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:26 AM   #4
Tomsk
Womble
Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Tomsk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KFHDX8.9, Fujitsu S1300, Voyage, K7
Quote:
Originally Posted by FizzyWater View Post
But...you have to use up all the "extra" space uploading pics and videos, if I read it right. I can't imagine coming up with a single 500 MG of pictures, let alone 5 GB worth.
Upload your pictures and videos and then delete them to free up the space.

Ways to get 5GB of pictures and videos:

1. find a picture or video, make multiple copies, rename and upload

2. upload the same pictures/videos to different sub-folders.

3. point your camera (phone, whatever) at a wall and set to record at maximum quality video while you're sleeping or reading. When done, use the file as described in 1 or 2.
Tomsk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 06:45 AM   #5
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
Wow! My "My Pictures" folder is close to 6 GB. And I don't consider my photographing extreme in any way at all. I actually curse a lot because I forget to bring my camera to different occasions...
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:54 AM   #6
petermillard
Evangelist
petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.petermillard ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, iPhone, K3 & Amazon - between them they cover my needs.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
Wow! My "My Pictures" folder is close to 6 GB...
Double-wow! My Pictures folder stacks up at 43Gb - and that's just pictures, not movies... Hopefully someone will be along in a minute to make me seem like a half-baked parsimonious amateur...
petermillard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 08:59 AM   #7
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
I couldn't find 500mb worth of videos and pictures to upload without resorting to stealing someone else's.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:04 AM   #8
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
I've got about 4GB worth of family photos collected over the past 5 years and a little less than 2 GB of videos. That's not including photos taken with our smartphones. With photos being 2MB~5MB a piece, it's pretty easy to max out storage.

Last edited by ilovejedd; 02-06-2012 at 10:27 AM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:08 AM   #9
peegee
Enthusiast
peegee will become famous soon enoughpeegee will become famous soon enoughpeegee will become famous soon enoughpeegee will become famous soon enoughpeegee will become famous soon enoughpeegee will become famous soon enough

Device: kindle
A site that hosts lots of public domain content like archive.org would be a perfect source for this.
peegee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:20 AM   #10
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
I got given an extra 3Gb on Dropbox for installing and using the Dropbox android app. It didn't say anything about restricting it to video and photos.

Mind you I'm still only using ~300Mb on dropbox. It's very useful but slow upload speeds put me off using it for large amounts of data.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 09:36 AM   #11
elemenoP
Wizard
elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elemenoP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Sony 650
My Pictures folder is 152gb.

eP
elemenoP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 10:29 AM   #12
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by latepaul View Post
I got given an extra 3Gb on Dropbox for installing and using the Dropbox android app. It didn't say anything about restricting it to video and photos.

Mind you I'm still only using ~300Mb on dropbox. It's very useful but slow upload speeds put me off using it for large amounts of data.
I was getting around 400~500KB/s uploading photos on my desktop. Not sure about the Android app.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:01 AM   #13
MoodRing
MoodRing
MoodRing began at the beginning.

Device: none
Wow this is great thanks! I use dropbox for my clients to download so this would be very useful without having to pay.

Are there any other hosting sites people recommend for holding photos? I do freelance photography soemtimes.

cheers
MoodRing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 01:06 PM   #14
latepaul
Wizard
latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.latepaul ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: a variety (mostly kindles and kobos)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovejedd View Post
I was getting around 400~500KB/s uploading photos on my desktop. Not sure about the Android app.
I should have been clear the upload speed limit is on my internet connection not Dropbox itself.
latepaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 03:36 PM   #15
Synamon
Lunatic
Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Synamon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite and Keyboard, Kobo Aura, iPad mini, iPod Touch
Quote:
6-7 minutes of video on my iPod Touch is 500 MB. Pretty easy to make videos that add up to 5 GB on your camera or smartphone. Then you allow the Dropbox beta to upload the videos and they give you new space as the data syncs (which takes a while for that much data, I recommend setting your upload to unlimited). Afterwards you can delete all the videos and disable the photo uploading in your Dropbox preferences and you have oodles of new Dropbox space.
Synamon is offline   Reply With Quote