Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-19-2010, 06:36 AM   #1
funky
funky began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 900 Daily Edition
Automatically convert Foldernames to Tags in Calibre ?

Hi Folks,

I have the following problem and hope someone might help me or may be has an idea:

I have a larger collection of ebooks in PDF format. Every Book is in a Windows Folder that has the title of the book. Within the folder, I have the book chapters in single PDFs named "chapter1.pdf, chapter2.pdf" and so on. The PDFs contain no metadata on book title or author so far.

What I want to manage is putting all the books on my Sony PRS 900 and find and read them in a comfortable way. My Idea was to treat every book as a collection which can be done by tagging all the pdfs of a folder in Calibre with a Tag containing the book title and then let Calibre do convert the tags into sony reader collections. This works quite well, but since I have about 1000 books stored in that way, it would be more convenient to have an automatic option that reads out the foldername and converts it into a calibre tag. Has anyone an idea how to manage that?

Thanx in advance,

Funky
funky is offline   Reply With Quote