Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 08-04-2009, 03:35 PM   #1
Linda R
Linda R began at the beginning.

Device: sbr-505
Trouble in my ebook

Hello,
I am a new member and have a question. When I download several books at once from my local library, sometimes they work and sometimes they do not download and then sometimes they disappear the next day. Does anyone else have those problems?
Otherwise, I love my newest travel companion.
Linda R
Linda R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 03:58 PM   #2
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi Linda, welcome to MR!

Sorry I'm not able to help with your problem, but we have lots of people around here who will be able to. If you don't get an answer here in "Introduce Yourself", try one of the more technical forums. Maybe the one for your device--what kind of reader do you have?
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-04-2009, 07:52 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi Linda and welcome to MobileRead. I've downloaded numerous ooks from my local library (Fairfax, VA) and never had a problem. Is your library using Overdrive?
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:55 PM   #4
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, Linda!

I've never downloaded books from my library but I know that cassidym is almost a guru with that. I am sure he can help you through it. Good luck.

Happy Reading.
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:29 AM   #5
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Hi Linda, and Click image for larger version

Name:	fairies.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	3.5 KB
ID:	33686 to Mobileread.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2009, 09:40 AM   #6
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidym View Post
I've downloaded numerous ooks from my local library (Fairfax, VA) and never had a problem.
(emphasis added)

So I bet you never call your librarian a monkey. Remember folks - orangutans are apes, not monkeys.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 09:42 AM   #7
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Oh - and welcome to Mobileread, Linda. Please forgive my uncontrollable urge to make Terry Pratchett/Librarian jokes.

As for your library books. I'd suggest giving a little more detail on the software you use and the format of the ebooks you're download.

But off-hand, I'd say try downloading just one at a time as a work-around.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote