Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 08-11-2011, 03:39 PM   #1
kdf9511
Madman With A Box
kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Nook Glowlight, Nook Color, Kindle 4, Astak Pocket Pro
Archos 7?

Well it has finaly come time to replace my beloved Astek Pocket Pro since it seems to have died and now I don't know what to get.

I have a feeling that I will end up with a Pocketbook 360 for carrying around at work but I have also been thinking about an Android based one for toting around on the motorcycle for reading around the campsite at night.

Well today I got an email from Tiger Direct with the Archos 7 on sale for $99.00. I'm really tempted to try this out to even see if I would even use it much. So I'm wondering if anyone here has used one as a reader and if so what software do you use? I'm looking for something that will read epub, txt, rtf. If it could read lit it would be a plus. Right now I'm using a Acer netbook with coolreader. I really like how coolreader works on the netbook and on the ole Pocket Pro.
kdf9511 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:22 PM   #2
linux_author
Connoisseur
linux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanelinux_author makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: Nook Touch, N800
i wouldn't pop for this one - as one reviewer pointed out, it is the 'cupcake' version (running 1.5)

JMHO, YMMV
linux_author is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-15-2011, 08:54 PM   #3
kdf9511
Madman With A Box
kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kdf9511 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Nook Glowlight, Nook Color, Kindle 4, Astak Pocket Pro
The more I looked into it, the more I decided this isn't the one for me right now.
kdf9511 is offline   Reply With Quote