Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-25-2011, 07:10 PM   #31
Billjr13
Addict
Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billjr13 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 700 & 650
My new 650 is working so much better than the other one. I called Sony support and explained the problem. New replacement came in last Wednesday and after using it in standby mode when not reading I just dropped one bar this morning down to 75%. This is much more like I expected. I am very pleased now with the 650 and my wife love the 700 with the light. Yea!
Billjr13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2011, 03:57 AM   #32
Fortissimo
Connoisseur
Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'Fortissimo knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony Reader Touch Edition (PRS-650BC)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxLV View Post
If you put it in standby between reading sessions you should get 12 - 14 days between charges (when it's down to one or no bars left) or in power off mode between reading sessions you should get 30 - 35 days between charges (one to no bars left). That my 'standard' for battery usage with my 650.

I usually charge mine whe it gets down to one bar (25%) left. I dont usually let my 'toys' that use Li-Ion batteries fully discharge before recharging them. It's not that good for Li-Ion batteries to be fully discharged apparently.

Wow, you seem to have an awesome battery.
I read for about 7 hours a day, and shut it down completely, but only get about 12 - 14 days.
Fortissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2011, 07:03 PM   #33
MaxLV
Connoisseur
MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.MaxLV is no e-book dilettante.

Device: Sony PRS650
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fortissimo View Post
Wow, you seem to have an awesome battery.
I read for about 7 hours a day, and shut it down completely, but only get about 12 - 14 days.
If you read for about 7 hours a day, then you will get a shorter time between charges. Your 12 - 14 days between charges seems about right considering your active reading sessions.

I usually spend 3+ hours a day reading, so the days between charges will be longer than for someone who uses their reader more.
MaxLV is offline   Reply With Quote