Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-16-2010, 03:36 PM   #1
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

Device: Kobo
New Kobo driver bug

Since the upgrade to X.53, I'm having issues with Calibre not showing any books on my Kobo.

The Kobo is detected, the 'Getting List of Books' job finishes (no details) with no errors, but the list is blank. Doesn't even show the regular epubs it did before...
Stinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 03:42 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Hmm, I changed that driver based on feedback from a Kobo user to try to get it to detect all the books in the device, not just those in the e-books sub folder.

Where are the e-books on your device located?
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-16-2010, 03:47 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Never mind stupid typo in the driver. Will be fixed in the next release. In the meantime I suggest going back to 0.6.52

Old versions are available at

http://sourceforge.net/projects/calibre/files/
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 04:11 PM   #4
Stinger
Asha'man
Stinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-booksStinger has learned how to read e-books

Great, thanks for the quick reply

Out of curiosity, is there a toggle in place so we can disable the reading of the internal database in this new driver? (So the 100 free books DONT appear on the list)

Even a temporary checkbox in the driver config screen would make me ever so happy. I would just prefer to not have the 100 books cluttering my device list... at least until we have a way to manage those 100 books

Last edited by Stinger; 05-16-2010 at 04:25 PM.
Old 05-16-2010, 07:40 PM   #5
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
Great, thanks for the quick reply

Out of curiosity, is there a toggle in place so we can disable the reading of the internal database in this new driver? (So the 100 free books DONT appear on the list)

Even a temporary checkbox in the driver config screen would make me ever so happy. I would just prefer to not have the 100 books cluttering my device list... at least until we have a way to manage those 100 books
At the moment the driver is a WIP and not included in the official calibre source code. I am working on improvements and added functionality. I will look at that as a feature.
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-17-2010, 09:41 AM   #6
Stinger
Asha'man

Quote:
not included in the official calibre source code
Just out of curiosity, what does this actually mean? I wouldn't have come here with my question if the driver wasn't "Live" so to speak, in the most current version (x.53). Did I download some beta/alpha branch by mistake?

Anyway, thanks for the time spent developing this Kobo driver

Also, are you aware of this new project darkadept started to make a tool to manage the Kobo library? Some collaboration, if possible, between the 2 initiatives might save you both some time.
https://launchpad.net/koboko

Last edited by Stinger; 05-17-2010 at 09:45 AM.
Old 05-17-2010, 09:47 AM   #7
timlegge
Addict
timlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than momtimlegge loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo, Kobo Wifi, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stinger View Post
Just out of curiosity, what does this actually mean? I wouldn't have come here with my question if the driver wasn't "Live" so to speak, in the most current version (x.53). Did I download some beta/alpha branch by mistake?

Anyway, thanks for the time spent developing this Kobo driver

Also, are you aware of this new project darkadept started to make a tool to manage the Kobo library?
https://launchpad.net/koboko
Hi

The change that affected you was in the latest Calibre version but to the best of my knowledge the change to show all the 100 free books from the database on the device is not.

I am aware of the effort darkadeppt is making and I will keep an eye on it. I like what I see in Calibre so I figured enhancing the driver they made sense.

Tim
timlegge is offline   Reply With Quote