Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 01-16-2009, 10:20 PM   #1
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Library eBooks for the Sony Reader (505/700)

I haven't seen this posted yet...

Just signed into the CLEVNET ebook library site and right on the front page they're advertising the addition of the Adobe ePub ebooks to the library offerings.

It even has a picture of the silver Sony 505!

It's too bad I'm not willing to deal with Adobe's (lack of) privacy policies, but I know there are folks on the board using ADE who might want the option to borrow ePub ebooks from the library.
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:33 PM   #2
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
I'm hoping libraries in my area do this soon
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-16-2009, 11:35 PM   #3
SteveK
Addict
SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW, PW2, Kindle3, Kobo Glo, tablets, phone
Fizzy - I can only hope NYPL also adds books in the EPUB format. I've checked out several PDF books, but they can be very difficult to read due to the poor "reflowing" of text. I don't mind a half-empty page, but paragraphs often run together, including dialogue between characters, so it can be difficult to determine who is "speaking". I haven't experienced this problem with EPUB books.

Obviously the EPUB selection at Clevnet is limited right now, but at least it's a step in the right direction. Let's hope that other Overdrive member libraries do the same.

SteveK
SteveK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 11:37 PM   #4
Patricia
Reader
Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Patricia ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-500, PRS-505, Asus EEEpc 4G
An ebook lending library doesn't have to be local. Here's a list from our wiki:
https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/EBook_Lending_Libraries
Patricia is offline   Reply With Quote