Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-02-2016, 07:29 PM   #1
bradfordlm
bradfordlm began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 32GB
External hard drive???

Greetings,
I have about 188GB of epubs, azw, pdfs, etc. My new MacBook Pro only has a 256GB hard drive. As such, it will be nearly impossible to store all of my files in calibre on the internal hard drive. Thus the following question: How can I (or even can I at all?) setup calibre to store -- and read -- its data on an external hard drive? I ask this because as it is currently setup, calibre copies books it opens into the calibre folder on the internal hard drive. Again, how can I setup calibre to store its files on an external hard drive?
bradfordlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 07:48 PM   #2
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Just create a new library on whatever O/S path corresponds to the external drive.
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-02-2016, 07:55 PM   #3
bradfordlm
bradfordlm began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 32GB
I do not understand. Sorry

Peter,
thanks for your response. But I do not understand. Sorry. How do I create a new library?
bradfordlm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2016, 08:09 PM   #4
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
RTFM

See https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/gui.html#library
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 03:54 AM   #5
LitaVore
Wasteland Deadmeat
LitaVore began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nook
I could kiss you guys! Well that would be awkward so let's not BUT...

Had the same thing happen: New replacement lappy but the internal HD is smaller than what I was used to in exchange for better everything else. Didn't even realize I could use my external for library setup.

Thank you both!
LitaVore is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert

Tags
calibre, external hard drive