Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 04-01-2014, 12:44 PM   #541
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokowa View Post
It is still based on Freescale's i.MX508, so CPU runs at 800Mhz or 1Ghz.
eMMC is SanDisk iNAND type SDIN5D1-4G or SDIN5D2-4G.
No idea about RAM size.
Hi Yokowa, they say there on page 6 of Basic_Operation_Guide.pdf

About red/navy lines
Lines will not appear red or navy immediately after
being drawn. Red lines will turn light gray after being
saved by page turning, etc. Navy and red lines will be
displayed on files transferred to a computer.

and on page 4 of user_guide

By connecting the Digital Paper device to your
computer with a USB cable, you can transfer files
easily. Handwritten sticky note on the Digital Paper
device will be transferred to the computer as an
attached PDF file

Since you've informed us before that you couldn't find the way to flatten the pdf, what does it exactly mean?

Could you maybe annotate this 2-page pdf (from k2pdfopt page) using all the tools from toolbox and transfer all files that are transferable here for us to see?

http://www.willus.com/k2pdfopt/examp...n_template.pdf

Maybe there is a way to join those files together with original pdf using PC or someone will eventually write some plugin similar to that one for exporting(flattening) handwriting in Sony PRS T series through calibre.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=173321

Last edited by markom; 04-01-2014 at 01:11 PM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 02:41 PM   #542
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
It is still based on Freescale's i.MX508, so CPU runs at 800Mhz or 1Ghz.
eMMC is SanDisk iNAND type SDIN5D1-4G or SDIN5D2-4G.
No idea about RAM size.
eMMC Partition Table:
Code:
Disk /dev/mmcblk2: 3959 MB, 3959422976 bytes
4 heads, 16 sectors/track, 120832 cylinders
Units = cylinders of 64 * 512 = 32768 bytes
mmcblk2: p1 p2 p3 < p5 p6 p7 p8 p9 p10 > p4
        Device Boot      Start         End      Blocks  Id System
/dev/mmcblk2p1             801        1120       10240  83 Linux
/dev/mmcblk2p2            1121        1440       10240  83 Linux
/dev/mmcblk2p3            1441       20966      624832   5 Extended
/dev/mmcblk2p4           20967      119296     3146560  83 Linux
/dev/mmcblk2p5            1441        5537      131096  83 Linux
/dev/mmcblk2p6            5538        9890      139288  83 Linux
/dev/mmcblk2p7            9891       10211       10264  83 Linux
/dev/mmcblk2p8           10212       11236       32792  83 Linux
/dev/mmcblk2p9           11237       12773       49176  83 Linux
/dev/mmcblk2p10          12774       20966      262168  83 Linux
Can you just type in

cat /proc/cpuinfo

to get more information?
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-01-2014, 06:54 PM   #543
daffy4u
I'm Super Kindle-icious
daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.daffy4u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KDXG, KT, Oasis
Okay, I've selectively read through this thread looking for input on this new tablet because I rant across a link for it while looking for something else.

Sony Reveals $1,100 Digital Paper Slate

I find it very interesting.

Quote:
The portable Digital Paper replaces spiral notebooks, legal pads, and file folders with a high-contrast, reflective 13.3-inch e-paper display. It's housed in a 12.6-ounce body, which Sony said is the world's thinnest and lightest among 9-plus-inch mobile devices.

Digital Paper includes built-in Wi-Fi and a rechargeable lithium-ion battery for up to three weeks' use on a single charge. Additionally, users can convert Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel files into PDF format, then transfer them wirelessly or via USB connectivity to the device to view, annotate, and share.

And with enough storage space for about 2,800 PDF files (approximately 1MB each), plus an internal memory of 4GB and a micro SD card slot, you will be able to easily backlog notes and files.
daffy4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 10:01 PM   #544
Dulin's Books
Wizard
Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dulin's Books ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox PB360 etc etc etc
Readius was never retailed so the Wexler Flex is the first retailed device
Dulin's Books is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 02:23 AM   #545
Yokowa
Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: SONY PRS-T1 T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by markom View Post

Since you've informed us before that you couldn't find the way to flatten the pdf, what does it exactly mean?

Could you maybe annotate this 2-page pdf (from k2pdfopt page) using all the tools from toolbox and transfer all files that are transferable here for us to see?
one can not export an annotated pdf file as a flattened pdf file on the device, i.e. flattening can not be done on the device, but annotations are saved to PDF files. Annotations can also be saved to Workspace. As to my knowledge, flattening pdf files is different from exporting.

The annotated pdf HERE ieee_twocolumn_template.pdf

Last edited by Yokowa; 04-02-2014 at 02:33 AM.
Yokowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2014, 02:27 AM   #546
Yokowa
Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.Yokowa is as sexy as a twisted cruller doughtnut.

Device: SONY PRS-T1 T3
Quote:
Originally Posted by joblack View Post
Can you just type in

cat /proc/cpuinfo

to get more information?
More about CPU:

i.MX50 Revision 1.1
799.53 BogoMIPS

So it should be 800Mhz.
Yokowa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:36 AM   #547
joblack
Wizard
joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.joblack ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Tab X
Quote:
More about CPU:

i.MX50 Revision 1.1
799.53 BogoMIPS

So it should be 800Mhz.
I'm wondering. How did you get a Linux shell? Jailbreak? Official shell? What can you do? Do you have root access?
joblack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:38 AM   #548
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
$1,100 for an e-ink device? Yikes

It looks like a nice PDF reader, the ability to write on it is nice but for that price I want a whole heck of a lot more.

I would stick to my tablet for reading PDFs
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:53 AM   #549
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
one can not export an annotated pdf file as a flattened pdf file on the device, i.e. flattening can not be done on the device, but annotations are saved to PDF files. Annotations can also be saved to Workspace. As to my knowledge, flattening pdf files is different from exporting.

The annotated pdf HERE Attachment 121136
Great !!! Thnx !!!

All I was really interested in was, is it possible to transfer annotated pdf to PC computer or iPad and read it and further annotate it there using some pdf reader ? and it is !!! so no need for flattening it for me on the DPT-S1 beforehand

_Pdf annotated in DPT-S1 opened on PC in Foxit reader; although DPT-S1 is b/w device it uses blue and red coded ink that can be seen as such on a color screen.

Last edited by markom; 04-02-2014 at 03:36 PM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:20 AM   #550
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Can it fill in and save PDF files with check boxes and text entry fields?
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 01:17 PM   #551
Billi
Wizard
Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Billi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook, iRex, PB, Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfCrash View Post
$1,100 for an e-ink device? Yikes

It looks like a nice PDF reader, the ability to write on it is nice but for that price I want a whole heck of a lot more.
I would say it just the other way round: I wouldn't need one single function more, for me it is has all I am wishing for. But for what I am wishing for I was hoping for a price of around 500/600 and not around 1.000.
Billi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 03:21 PM   #552
FantoM
Enthusiast
FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FantoM ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billi View Post
I would say it just the other way round: I wouldn't need one single function more, for me it is has all I am wishing for. But for what I am wishing for I was hoping for a price of around 500/600 and not around 1.000.
I subscribe your words.

I also would like to know, Yokowa, does it has integrated dictionaries?
FantoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:54 PM   #553
endless_reading
endless_reading began at the beginning.

Device: box M92, DXG
Thanks for the information.

For $1000, there should be a better CPU.

Quote:
More about CPU:

i.MX50 Revision 1.1
799.53 BogoMIPS

So it should be 800Mhz.
endless_reading is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:07 AM   #554
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by FantoM View Post
I subscribe your words.

I also would like to know, Yokowa, does it has integrated dictionaries?
This question has been answered earlier in the thread.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2014, 03:09 AM   #555
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by endless_reading View Post
Thanks for the information.

For $1000, there should be a better CPU.
If by "better" you mean "faster", in a portable device it's always a compromise between CPU speed and power consumption. A faster CPU means higher power consumption and a shorter battery life, or a larger battery and a heavier device.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote