Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > ePub

Notices

Old 07-06-2012, 01:30 AM   #1
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Cover image puzzlement

I am out of my - modest - wits here.

Here is a zip file with two EPUBs that I prepare for a second edition here. Flightcrew does not spot any mistake.

One (Coups de soleil) has a cover page (a jpg image) which is displayed correctly in ADE. I also used this image for many EPUBs before.

The other (À la hussarde) has the same kind of image for cover page. The unexplained difference is that it is displayed as a blank page in ADE.

Both codes seem to me to be exactly the same. I really does not understand what happens with ADE. If somebody could find the reason...
Attached Files
File Type: zip images.zip (802.6 KB, 136 views)
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:16 AM   #2
Aerys
Connoisseur
Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.Aerys is faster than slow light.

Device: iPad 2 & Nexus 7
I did not find anything wrong with your declaration/tagging.

You might want to just open your image file in an image editor and save it again since I noticed that it doesn't show in its file properties that it's RGB in color mode. I tested it myself and your cover now displays in ADE.
Aerys is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-06-2012, 03:54 AM   #3
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Thanks for the work around.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:41 PM   #4
andrewburt
Science Fiction Writer
andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.andrewburt can talk all four legs off a donkey... then persuade it to go for a walk.

Device: several
Just had the same problem, and in my case it turned out it was the resolution specified in my jpeg. (It was originally 600dpi, changed to 300dpi, saved out, then displayed correctly in ADE. Though, re-saving it out also changed a ton of other parameters too, I see, so maybe just saving it out with a different program is what did it.)
andrewburt is offline   Reply With Quote