Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-28-2015, 07:19 PM   #196
truemarine
truemarine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.truemarine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.truemarine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.truemarine has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: K4B, Kobo Aura H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by tshering View Post
Does what the header says.
Thank you again! It seems I will stay with the older FW for a while...
truemarine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 08:49 PM   #197
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, kobo auraHD, kobo auraH2O, kobo Glo HD, kobo aura ONE
Hi tshering,

You can update the nickel.txt and libnickel.so.1.0.0.txt for fw v.3.19.5613?

I can't find some parts of the code with that I changed the size and font menus on previous firmwares.

Thanks!
surquizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-13-2015, 08:20 AM   #198
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Modification for Bad Eyes FW 3.19.5613

Quote:
Originally Posted by surquizu View Post
Hi tshering,

You can update the nickel.txt and libnickel.so.1.0.0.txt for fw v.3.19.5613?

I can't find some parts of the code with that I changed the size and font menus on previous firmwares.

Thanks!
Unfortunately, I have the same problem. Anyway, since I am unable to spent more time on this right now, I upload the stuff in its current state.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KBPatcher13_3.19.5613.zip (501.5 KB, 270 views)
tshering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2015, 08:47 AM   #199
tshering
Wizard
tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tshering ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

3.19.5613, remove italic from book titles in library

I tested it only on a Touch.

Edit: I just became aware that I did also changed the values of fontsize. Since I do not have my stuff with me today, I will upload another version tomorrow.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KBPatcher13_3.19.5613_titles_not_italic.zip (481.6 KB, 184 views)

Last edited by tshering; 12-13-2015 at 11:12 AM.
Old 12-14-2015, 11:44 AM   #200
surquizu
Evangelist
surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.surquizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Unfortunately, I have the same problem. Anyway, since I am unable to spent more time on this right now, I upload the stuff in its current state.

Perfect! I managed to change again the font of some menus. I like bigger and sans-serif.

Advert
Old 12-21-2015, 06:07 AM   #201
mkeles84
Enthusiast
mkeles84 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura/Glo/Kindle PW2
I have a problem, with my Kobo. A part of touchscreen (between 2 red lines) doesn't work, so I can't click "settings". Is it possible to modificate this font size. May be, bigger font, "settings" fell under the line. ıt is 3.19 firmware

picture: http://prntscr.com/9gqm2k
mkeles84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2016, 03:44 PM   #202
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkeles84 View Post
I have a problem, with my Kobo. A part of touchscreen (between 2 red lines) doesn't work, so I can't click "settings". Is it possible to modificate this font size. May be, bigger font, "settings" fell under the line. ıt is 3.19 firmware

picture: http://prntscr.com/9gqm2k
Maybe this would work if one changed the frame size. But first one would have to identify the corresponding code.
Another idea is to make the "battery: x%" field open the settings menu. Maybe GeoffR can help you with this.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:49 PM   #203
surquizu
Evangelist

Hi tsering

Waiting the files for version 3.19.5761...

Old 01-08-2016, 06:01 AM   #204
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Hi tsering

Waiting the files for version 3.19.5761...

I decided to try implementing auto-detection of the start position of the patches (like in GeoffR's multi-version patches). I guess I will be able to upload the files tomorrow or so.
Old 01-09-2016, 07:16 AM   #205
tshering
Wizard

Modification for Bad Eyes FW 3.19.5761

As in the previous version, this package contains device specific batch files. For instance, if you patch for H2O, use 3.19.5761_aurahd_h2o.bat.

To remove italic style from the titles in the library view, set the flag "romantitles" in the device specific batch file:
Spoiler:
Example: 3.19.5761_touch_mini.bat
Code:
SET projectname=3.19.5761
SET packfiles=true
SET flags=romantitles
SET targetpostfix=touch_mini
CALL KBP.bat
Example: 3.19.5761_aurahd_h2o.bat
Code:
SET projectname=3.19.5761
SET packfiles=true
SET flags=aurahd+h2o+romantitles
SET targetpostfix=aurahd_h2o
CALL KBP.bat
Attached Files
File Type: zip KBPatcher14_3.19.5761.zip (501.3 KB, 315 views)
Old 01-09-2016, 07:41 AM   #206
tshering
Wizard

FW 3.19.5761, remove italic from book titles in library

this time without changes of font size.
Attached Files
File Type: zip KBPatcher14_3.19.5761_titles_not_italic.zip (481.9 KB, 188 views)
Old 01-09-2016, 11:31 AM   #207
surquizu
Evangelist

Quote:
As in the previous version, this package contains device specific batch files. For instance, if you patch for H2O, use 3.19.5761_aurahd_h2o.bat.

Thank you very much. Tested on my H2O and my GloHD and works perfect.
Old 01-10-2016, 07:13 AM   #208
tshering
Wizard

Quote:
Thank you very much. Tested on my H2O and my GloHD and works perfect.
Thanks for the feedback.
Old 01-17-2016, 07:56 AM   #209
tshering
Wizard

Here are the two pieces of code needed for the "Increase The Books Cover Size In The Library" patch in the format used by modifications for bad eyes. Be aware that I did not change any values, therefore you would have to do this by yourself. When you set the new values, looking at this and this post can help you.

Spoiler:

Code:
<patch>
name=BF47CC(3.19.5761)
enabled=true
action=replace_string
position=autodetect
oldpart=DragonListWidget[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"] {\n\tmin-height: 115px;\n\tmax-height: 115px;\n\tmin-width: 534px;\n\tmax-width: 534px;\n\tqproperty-leftMargin: 12;\n\tqproperty-spacing: 12;\n}\n\n
oldpart=DragonListWidget[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"] {\n\tmin-width: 678px;\n\tmax-width: 678px;\n\tmin-height: 147px;\n\tmax-height: 147px;\n\tqproperty-leftMargin: 15;\n\tqproperty-spacing: 15;\n}\n\n
oldpart=DragonListWidget[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"] {\n\tmin-width: 960px;\n\tmax-width: 960px;\n\tmin-height: 175px;\n\tmax-height: 175px;\n\tqproperty-spacing: 20;\n\tqproperty-leftMargin: 20;\n}\n\n
oldpart=DragonListWidget[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"] {\n\tmin-height: 205px;\n\tmax-height: 205px;\n}
newpart=DragonListWidget[qApp_deviceIsTrilogy="true"] {\n\tmin-height: 115px;\n\tmax-height: 115px;\n\tmin-width: 534px;\n\tmax-width: 534px;\n\tqproperty-leftMargin: 12;\n\tqproperty-spacing: 12;\n}\n\n
newpart=DragonListWidget[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"] {\n\tmin-width: 678px;\n\tmax-width: 678px;\n\tmin-height: 147px;\n\tmax-height: 147px;\n\tqproperty-leftMargin: 15;\n\tqproperty-spacing: 15;\n}\n\n
newpart=DragonListWidget[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"] {\n\tmin-width: 960px;\n\tmax-width: 960px;\n\tmin-height: 175px;\n\tmax-height: 175px;\n\tqproperty-spacing: 20;\n\tqproperty-leftMargin: 20;\n}\n\n
newpart=DragonListWidget[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"] {\n\tmin-height: 205px;\n\tmax-height: 205px;\n}
combineparts
</patch>

<patch>
name=BF4A44(3.19.5761)
enabled=true
action=replace_string
position=autodetect
oldpart=#coverPixmapView {\n\tmin-width: 60px;\n\tmax-width: 60px;\n\tmin-height: 90px;\n\tmax-height: 90px;\n}\n\n
oldpart=#coverPixmapView[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"] {\n\tmin-width: 90px;\n\tmax-width: 90px;\n\tmin-height: 140px;\n\tmax-height: 140px;\n}\n\n
oldpart=#coverPixmapView[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"] {\n\tmin-width: 100px;\n\tmax-width: 100px;\n\tmin-height: 160px;\n\tmax-height: 160px;\n}\n\n
oldpart=#coverPixmapView[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"] {\n\tmin-width: 70px;\n\tmax-width: 70px;\n\tmin-height: 110px;\n\tmax-height: 110px;\n}\n\n
oldpart=#coverPixmapView[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"][isPocket="true"],\n#coverPixmapView[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"][isStack="true"] {\n\tmin-width: 100px;\n\tmax-width: 100px;\n\tmin-height: 140px;\n\tmax-height: 140px;\n}\n\n
oldpart=#coverPixmapView[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"][isPocket="true"],\n#coverPixmapView[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"][isStack="true"] {\n\tmin-width: 115px;\n\tmax-width: 115px;\n\tmin-height: 160px;\n\tmax-height: 160px;\n}\n\n
oldpart=#coverPixmapView[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"][isPocket="true"],\n#coverPixmapView[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"][isStack="true"] {\n\tmin-width: 80px;\n\tmax-width: 80px;\n\tmin-height: 110px;\n\tmax-height: 110px;\n}
newpart=#coverPixmapView {\n\tmin-width: 60px;\n\tmax-width: 60px;\n\tmin-height: 90px;\n\tmax-height: 90px;\n}\n\n
newpart=#coverPixmapView[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"] {\n\tmin-width: 90px;\n\tmax-width: 90px;\n\tmin-height: 140px;\n\tmax-height: 140px;\n}\n\n
newpart=#coverPixmapView[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"] {\n\tmin-width: 100px;\n\tmax-width: 100px;\n\tmin-height: 160px;\n\tmax-height: 160px;\n}\n\n
newpart=#coverPixmapView[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"] {\n\tmin-width: 70px;\n\tmax-width: 70px;\n\tmin-height: 110px;\n\tmax-height: 110px;\n}\n\n
newpart=#coverPixmapView[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"][isPocket="true"],\n#coverPixmapView[qApp_deviceIsDragon="true"][isStack="true"] {\n\tmin-width: 100px;\n\tmax-width: 100px;\n\tmin-height: 140px;\n\tmax-height: 140px;\n}\n\n
newpart=#coverPixmapView[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"][isPocket="true"],\n#coverPixmapView[qApp_deviceIsAlyssum="true"][isStack="true"] {\n\tmin-width: 115px;\n\tmax-width: 115px;\n\tmin-height: 160px;\n\tmax-height: 160px;\n}\n\n
newpart=#coverPixmapView[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"][isPocket="true"],\n#coverPixmapView[qApp_deviceIsPhoenix="true"][isStack="true"] {\n\tmin-width: 80px;\n\tmax-width: 80px;\n\tmin-height: 110px;\n\tmax-height: 110px;\n}
combineparts
</patch>

Insert the code into libnickel.so.1.0.0.txt.
Old 02-26-2016, 04:34 AM   #210
tshering
Wizard

The "Modification for Bad Eyes FW 3.19.5761" pack does not include a xxx_no_packing.bat file. If you need one, here is how you make one yourself.

Make a copy of the batch file you would normally use, e.g. 3.19.5761_aurahd_h2o.bat, and name it 3.19.5761_aurahd_h2o_no_packing.bat (or some name as you like). In the newly create file replace

Code:
SET packfiles=true
by
Code:
SET packfiles=false